Hey everyone

I have just brought my first Impreza, its a 2006 2.5 WRX in silver, I live in Wareham Dorset and spent around 2 weeks trying to find one I wanted - the one I have brought only has a different CD player and back box so its a blank canvas so to speak.

Looking forward to getting out in it a bit more!

Thanks for the welcome, I do not really plan on changing much at all, its a fast enough car for me (Much faster than my RX8 was!)

So far my shopping list is: A box spoiler, some mats, a decat or an old 2nd hand cat, remap

My wife wont let me spend much on the car :(

Hi Adsh,

Welcome to SIDC. There are soo many scoobs about with lots of different ideas and aftermarket products that it can be a real struggle to resist the temptation to modify. I remember it started with buying a sticker then it all went pear shaped :rotfl:

Stay strong for as long as you can :icon_fU:

Been doing some looking around could someone tell me if this price sounds ok for a remap? £270

Also, where would a good place to get a decat be? I looked on ebay and as usual the prices fluctuate a lot !

Thanks

Hi Adsh,

I am currently looking at doing a remap myself, and been quoted roughly £350 from FB Tuning for a road tune, so depending on who is doing the tune that is fairly cheap

the 2006 wrx only has 1 cat, and that in itself leads to endless trouble come MOT time

To avoid the headache I would stick with the original cat, and just run a cat back exhaust system, I've been told could easily achieve 270bhp with just a filter, cat back and remap.

There are loads of places that sell exhaust systems

H&S, scoobyworld, G&J motorsport, Scoobyparts the list is endless.

I would stay clear of the ebay deals, unless its from a reputable dealer, or you confident on the source.

there are a lot of fakes floating around on ebay.