Which Type Of Fuel Is Cool?

Hello there I have a question about whether to use unleaded or super unleaded in my 2001 standard WRX? I cant seem to find a definite answer anywhere. The guy who sold me my car said normal unleaded is fine and this is what Ive been using but I noticed today it says super inside the fuel flap.

As the WRX has been running fine a debate has started between my man and I - he says stick with the unleaded and save the cash (he runs a diesel!) and I think super is the way to go.

Also any petrol brands to be recommended? Im hoping to take the scoob to the track soon so I guess super unleaded would be the way to go in that case.

Its probably an age old question and excuse my newbie ignorance but I would like an opinion - Im hoping to run my scoob for some time to come and keep it in tip top condition.

For a WRX standard unleaded is fine. I ran my blob on it for years with no issues.

But - there is an alleged slight gain in power and fuel ecconomy if you use Super Unleaded. I certainly saw more MPG with 99ron than i did on 97 or 95ron.

I've got a hawk STI and the wife has a Hawk WRX SL we both use Tesco Super Unleaded and haven't had any issues.

I've put BP Ultimate, Shell V-Power (or whatever it's called these days) and Tesco 99 in mine with no noticeable difference in performance or fuel ecconomy.

At the end of the day put in the best you can afford to run it on, 99 is better but a WRX should be fine on 97.

I only run Shell V power Nitro +, if you join Shell's driver club you build points and eventually end up with money off vouchers. I am defo seeing better MPG running Shell. That said, to obtain best performance/MPG you also need to be using high quality oil.

Cheers

David