Subaru Recall 04 - 07 Impreza

Just a heads up for those with an 04 - 07 Impreza. Subaru have a recall out for a possiblt passenger airbag inflator issue.

http://subaru.co.uk/news/subaru-recall-notice-impreza-models-2004-2007/

As part of its quality processes Fuji Heavy Industries, parent company to Subaru Automobile has issued an official recall campaign relating to possible front passenger air bag SPI inflator failure. The recall notice applies only to Impreza models (including WRX and STI) built between 2004 and 2007. The recall does not affect any other models in the Subaru range.

The vehicles affected are equipped with front passenger air bag SPI inflators manufactured by air-bag maker Takata. The recall has received widespread media coverage as Takata supplies a number of Japanese vehicle manufacturers. It has been found that the inflators in the passenger airbag may experience an alteration over time, potentially leading to over-aggressive combustion in the event of an airbag deployment, leading to risk of injury.

Subaru UK is advising owners of all Impreza models built between 2004 and 2007 to contact their local dealer at their earliest convenience to have the front passenger airbag inflator replaced free of charge. Please note, this applies to passenger side airbags only and we therefore advise you avoid seating occupants in the front passenger seat until the work has been carried out. For details of your nearest dealer, please see the Dealer Locator on www.subaru.co.uk.

Better get my 2 booked in!

Good spot, heard about this recall (but not Subaru related at the time) ages ago but the scope of affected vehicles is still creeping. Apparently 34 million U.S. Cars And 7 million elsewhere now affected. Time to call dealers.

Edited by ccrien
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Time for some thread resurrection - got the letter and booked the wifes car and mine in at the4 same time. Hers was done 2 months ago I've just had the call that they can do mine.... maybe!

My car is a Jap import and has a 6 digit Vin Code. Subaru need a 17 digit vin code to input to the system. There are loads of imports in the country so I'm lost as to how Subaru don't know what to do. I was told we may not be able to do the fix on your car, I pointed out it's a Global recall so they should be able to do it.

Anyone else had this problem!

Got my letter ages ago, prob. Last year, booked into Dennis Commons and all sorted in a couple of months from hearing it affected Imprezas. Good to hear your on the way to a fix Dave WRX,. Sobbiefloz you need to see where your letter has gone - make sure you're down as the registered keeper ! 

Edited by ccrien

Being Manx registered mine fell out of the system. Back now and waiting. Apparently every dealer has a waiting list and they work down it whenever they get supplied the parts, usually a couple every month.

Pretty pitiful from IM but maybe it's a worldwide supply issue rather than them.

I should reach the top of the queue in April..... 

• 2 months later...