Slr Camera .... Finaly!

Well ive had a couple posts up here for advice from our budding photographers and davie gordon chris dave stu etc will know from facebook of posts ive tagged them in on groupon deals ive seen pop up that ive been hunting and looking to step up from my normal 5 year old or older digital panasonic lumix camera that i use to take shots at events and shows runs etc up to a big boys camera. the folks and family also know this as 8ve just asked for cash to go to a camera fund etc .

well ive finaly got a big boys camera. A real bit of kit in my hands ...well kind off.

see still not having full funds for stuff yet and knowing im wanting one . My old man decided i can have his old kit as he has new cameras and toys to play with. Well has had for sometime . So hes like " here you go son have my old ones "

not often my dad gives me his stuff even now. Think he still thinks im 9years old. But was well chuffed hes felt he could share it with me . So heres me thinking im getting his slightly old DSLR a few yesrs old and no bad kit.

Well heres what i got

20131013_195113_zps1a5425ea.jpg

20131013_195125_zps1cfa311c.jpg

Thats right folks his canon AE-1 and his CANON T-50

now bearing in mind I WAS BORN in 1982.

The canon AE-1 began production 1976-1984

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_AE-1

the canon t50 production 1983- 1989

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_T50

So even tho their not digital and basicly older and just as old as me ..im not gutted .they were good kit at the time of my birth haha.but the centiment side that my old mans passed on something to me which he held dear and has kept all these years meant alot.

the AE1 is manual wind and spool etc. But the t50 is automatic lol cracking technology ahead of its time..... in 1983

but i did do a wee bit of reading on it and some people still like to play about with the t50 for all the manual settings it had and you can adjust it yourself . And apparently still gives cracking pics even if its on a spool .

So there is a few spools there. Hes gave me the wide angle lens, zoom lens and another one i have no idea what its for aswel as case .csrry case and flash. So im thinking for novekty .get a few batterys. Take the cameras out and just use up the spools see how i get on.

Anyway just thought id share haha

Love the old cameras Paul.

Still got a few of my old pre-digital Pentax cameras and lenses, and my son Nick borrowed them last year when he was doing Photography at college. He used them for black and white photographs then developed them himself in the dark room.

Great when you go to the fridge and instead of eggs in the door pockets, you find spools of film.

My first SLR, when I was still at high school, was a Pentax ME-Super, which would be a direct competitor for your AE-1 at the time. Great camera and everything was manual, and a great way to learn about about correct exposures etc. Wouldn't mind getting a hold of one again, ebay :thumbs:

Cant really see for your photo but the lens your not sure about could be a tele-convertor. Fits between lens and body, and were usually 2 or 3 times zoom, so a 100mm lens could be 200mm. Popular at the time and a cheap way to double lens sizes.