Ebay Advice

Looking for some advice. I bought a part for the scoob from a shop on eBay which was sold as direct replacement for oem part but when it arrived and tried to fit the part it was clearly not a direct replacement and didn't even fit my car. I have been in touch with the seller who have agreed to refund my money but so far I am still waiting on a PayPal refund. They are claiming to be having issues with PayPal. They have now amended the advert to say that it may not be a direct replacement.

I have given them until tomorrow to have the refund in my PayPal account or I will be contacting eBay. Does anyone know if PayPal refunds show up instantly in your PayPal account? Has anyone had experience logging a complaint with a seller on eBay and if yes then how did it go?

Thanks

Chris

PayPal may hold your money till they receive it from your bank for the initial payment then refund. You are obliged to pay postage to return the item as its separate from any sales price. Maybe you can come to an agreement. What did you buy?

Hi Chris,

I've been through the dispute process for something that wasn't as described, once you start the ball rolling, they give you around 21 days to sort it out between you, then if all is not satisfied they will then look at your case and if they agree, which they seem to agree with the buyer most times, they ask the seller to arrange a refund.

Once they have agreed, the funds are in your PayPal account immediately.

Rich

Thanks for the info guys.

I have given the seller until tomorrow lunchtime to have the funds in my account before I contact eBay. They have agreed to a full refund but I am just a bit suspicious as to why they claim to be having issues with PayPal yet seem to still be trading and accepting PayPal payments fine.

Chris