The Search For Power

my ra is going no where quick due to unforeseen problems, funds and a wee illness so decided to unleash more power out the wagon currently bidding on a td05 front entry.

parts so far

decat up pipe

decat 3" downpipe

3" system

ngk pfr 7b plugs

k & n panel filter

think I need

injectors can anyone suggest the best place to get them

bigger intercooler

fuel pump

can anyone recommend anything else that I need or can help get it over 300 bhp

uprated pads, with better discs and braided hoses too (as a minimum) if not fitted already IMO ;)

What are you running suspension wise at present? Had it in my mind you had coilovers!?

Maybe worth going FMIC rather than larger top mount if the search is for serious power. Thoughts?

I had a 2004 WRX and ended up with 336bhp similar from what you have so far + VF35 (TD05-16G similar), STi TMIC, STi pinks and Walbro fuel pump - then of course a remap. Perhaps looking for someone Bug/Blob upgrading / breaking and moving the STi parts on most cost effective ?? I bought a new Walbro for piece of mind.

The downpipe, fuel pump and remap will go a long way to getting you sorted. Brakes are a real necessity, if you can upgrade the calipers it would help. A good airfilter will help. I am running 360bhp on a 2.5" exhaust system, that may be a cheaper option for you. Your standard TMIC should be good for at least 350bhp. Not sure about the pinks as mine are bigger than yours as standard so I have not changed those. Cold air is good but not necessary imo. If you are not looking for massive power then that should do you.

id say walbro fuel pump and your good to go, if you want or can find then a set of newage sti standard top feed injectors are 550cc and more than up to the task - secondhand sets crop up at breakers/ebay/scoobynet for reasonable money. would say a 3 port solenoid and fuel pressure reg would be better than a front mount :)

330/330 on a 16g reliably maybe a wee bit more but not much with everything you mentioned above at @ 1.5 bar on a 2 litre with the right intercooler choice.

550 injectors were what I had at that stage but they were almost maxed out.

Walbro pump.

Plug gap at .68

I would also as suggested get a FPR, the type that rises as boost increases, I cannot remember what it needs set at at idle but someone will know..

Another thing at that stage of tuning to consider for a safety aspect is constant and even fuel flow ensuring cylinder number 3 is not neglected so parallel fuel rail set up is a good idea but it needs done correctly, never cowboy it.

Don't go for a panel filter, get a good quality cone filter.

Finally a good remap by a decent mapper. You probably know all that anyway but I thought I would mention it all anyway.

As mentioned previously decent stoppers are a must,.

The impreza is a great handling car you can improve it more than standard but unless you are trying to win Le Mans what you have will more than handle what you aim for with these mods.

If you want some geometry set ups to play with pm me and I'll send you some.

Edited by wilky
  • Upvote 1