Son Passed His Test

real chuffed for my eldest matthew on passing his driving test the day. real proud of the lad left school straight into a apreticship with marley roofing and now into his second year. and he managed to pay for all his lessons and his test himself so real proud of the lad. then of course there was the question ' right dad thats me passed, when you putting me on the scooby insurance? ' mmmmmm tho i trust him to drive it i just might try to get a quote to laugh at for the fun of it. i bought him a 950 cc saxo scandal for his first car and its a r reg and first quote for that with everything in his name was 1480 a years , something like 148 quid a moth after the deposit. poor lad only earn 170 a week. might have to sell the wifes body to help him with that. :evil:

There was never an age Chris. Just depends on car class and age. For example Aviva told me no one under 25 can be on my insurance as its a type H i think. But privelege wont insure under 27s apparently.

Its all relative.

My son nick passed his test about 18 months ago. First years insurance for his 1.2 Corsa the cheapest price on the usual search engines was about £1300 but going directly to Churchill and direct line got it down to just under £1000 on both.

His 2nd year renewal was £650 so not too bad.

Never tried to get a quote for the subarus, but he does use the track one at knockhill and kames. So that's your sons next move, you just supply the car and fuel.