New Forester Road Test

Splashed out £3.30 on an Autocar magazine including a road test of the new Forester. didn't get a particularly good rating (3 out of 5 possible stars) but reading between the lines it seems a decent set of tyres might have improved things.

Reports of the handling don't seem particularly good. Sure there will be folks out here who will disagree.

Edited by ccrien

I have a 2003 petrol manual Forester,AW spec bought as a dealer pre registered/ as new with 17 miles on the clock, now 130 k and reckon that's still the best all rounder for me, mainly on weekends and also my wife's runaround during the week. Great in winter, mild off road,launching boat off beach etc, and good on A and B roads. fuel consumption (lucky to hit 30-32) is the only weak spot really. Also found replacing the original bridgestones with Michelin latitude tyres improved turn in and cornering and wet grip. Tyres last 40 k easily. Think It's made my mind up to keep it another 100K miles ! Our Impreza GX is my daily work car and toy. Have thought about changing it for a second forester believe it or not, Half wishing I'd bought one of the last turbo mark 2 foresters a few years back.