Race Simulation Venue In Slough

Not sure if this is the right place to post this kind of thing, so feel free to move it if I'm a doughnut.

A friend of mine works at a simulation venue in slough and I went to visit him the other week out of curiosity (being a petrol head and all that) as it has been a while since we last socialized. Anyway, I spent around an hour and a half in the place and loved it! So I would highly recommend anybody who loves there racing to get down there and have a look.

Basically its a very nice room with 16 simulators, all of which are linked so you are racing at the same time on the same track. I drove a LMP2 prototype when I visited, but my friend told me they were doing a Subaru Impreza WRC RallyCross night as part of their monthly league. Unfortunately I couldn't go as I was working but it sounded nuts!

I was very impressed with the feeling of the simulators itself, and the mistake I made was expecting it to be like GT5 or Forza, but to my genuine surprise I found it miles better. Turns out they use PC based software. :icon_pray: Still trying to put my finger on why i found it more realistic... :driving:

Anyway I wondered if there was anybody in the slough area that was up for abit of racing, as Im dying to have a blast in a scooby with a bit of competition! Maybe if there is enough of us we can make it into a bit of a social as they have a bar and can arrange pizza. :occasion14:

I can put a link up to their website if im allowed? I didnt want to break any rules or anything?

Sounds like a good thing and wld make for a great meet/night . All racing in the exact same cad same specs so only driver ability seperating everyone. Tho id probably treat it like forza with full damage mode and just wait for all the cars to bunch up in a corner and plough rite in and wipe everyone out haha

Haha I thought that as well! My friend shown me some footage of there first league night, and the racing was top notch. I guess its easy to knock somebody off the track online because their not sat next to you and wont tear your face off! Different story when your in the same room. :redcard: