Best Place To Sell ?

no not my scoob.

ive got about 1000 dvds that i need to offload and was thinking of juat doing a car boot anf basicly flogging for about £1 each . was thinking of doing it at either the omni centre car boot but heard theres alot of thieving gypsys there that have liht fingers and never done a car boot before either. spoke to my pal who works in blockbuster and he said they only give you like 18p a dvd sometimes. was also told to try that music magpie etc so i scanned the box set of season 1+2 of heros and it offered like 80p.. WTF !!! same as i tried an unopened hardened edition of call of duty black ops 2 that i got at xmas and its still sealed up un played and it offered me like £18. i know i can get alot more than.that for an unopened version from a shop up town.

so anybody else suggest anything else decent i could try? or do yous think carboot is the best option? its no like the dvds are tatty or that. all bouht brand new watched once then put on a shelf and sat there. as for some reason i remember everything.that happens in every film ive watched so it puts me off watching again .

also if car boot is the best option anybody got any tips from experience theyve had if theyve car booted before . if thats the term for it lol

My advice would be to bulk them into 20/30 of like minded films but some less know 'cheaper ones' Sell them for £2 each on gumtree.

Be ready to lower slightly as the weeks ho on. But better to start at a reasonable price.

Also be firm. The 20/30 films cannot be swapped. If they want some from lot 1 and some from lot 2 then they will need to buy both.

You certainly don't want to be left with randoms that may be unsaleable.

You have any boxsets. I LOVE THEM

Gordon

My advice would be to bulk them into 20/30 of like minded films but some less know 'cheaper ones' Sell them for £2 each on gumtree.

Be ready to lower slightly as the weeks ho on. But better to start at a reasonable price.

Also be firm. The 20/30 films cannot be swapped. If they want some from lot 1 and some from lot 2 then they will need to buy both.

You certainly don't want to be left with randoms that may be unsaleable.

You have any boxsets. I LOVE THEM

Gordon

dont have many gordon. only the godfather. rocky .scrubs.heros season 1+2 . lost season 1. lost season 1+2 . american pie 1.2.3. xmen

the next closest to box sets is when ive bought the filma individualy as theyve been released like blade.blade 2.blade trinity. same with fast and furious ones. for a few more dollars.fistful of dollars and the good bad and ugly. theres few others makin up sets . cant mind.

as for idividual dvds. most likely if theyve been action or comedys then ive probably got it lol.

Car boots are ok but if you want to get rid of the lot you could try ebay and sell them as a job lot or do 10 listings of 100 and put them in like for like i.e thrillers,horror,action ect

dont have a ebay account. think wife does tho.. been meaning to get shot of them for ages but iust put it off. now were making progress on sortin the house to sell so was just looking for something quick and easy to get shot of them without getin ripped off obvioualy. music magpie can go throw $h1te at the moon for their steangy offers.

We have over 1000 as well. So much infact i had to build shelving in the loft. I have most of them apart from scrubs. Is it the whole lot 1-6 or something. Wouldn't interest me but my wife might be.

:)

Edited by G1983

We have over 1000 as well. So much infact i had to build shelving in the loft. I have most of them apart from scrubs. Is it the whole lot 1-6 or something. Wouldn't interest me but my wife might be.

:)

cant honestly mond gordon would have to check when i get in.. think it may just be a couple seasons though. . yrah ive got two book cases with about 5 shelfs on each about 100 to a shelf haha. wouldnt thini i stopped buying dvds abput 2 -3 years ago haha

Edited by thebigfelly

cant honestly mond gordon would have to check when i get in.. think it may just be a couple seasons though. . yrah ive got two book cases with about 5 shelfs on each about 100 to a shelf haha. wouldnt thini i stopped buying dvds abput 2 -3 years ago haha

Im exactly the same mate. Bought some blu rays for a while but really trying to stop. So many things on tv now as well as sme downloading and lovefilm/ Netflix etc.

no not my scoob.

ive got about 1000 dvds that i need to offload and was thinking of juat doing a car boot anf basicly flogging for about £1 each . was thinking of doing it at either the omni centre car boot but heard theres alot of thieving gypsys there that have liht fingers and never done a car boot before either. spoke to my pal who works in blockbuster and he said they only give you like 18p a dvd sometimes. was also told to try that music magpie etc so i scanned the box set of season 1+2 of heros and it offered like 80p.. WTF !!! same as i tried an unopened hardened edition of call of duty black ops 2 that i got at xmas and its still sealed up un played and it offered me like £18. i know i can get alot more than.that for an unopened version from a shop up town.

so anybody else suggest anything else decent i could try? or do yous think carboot is the best option? its no like the dvds are tatty or that. all bouht brand new watched once then put on a shelf and sat there. as for some reason i remember everything.that happens in every film ive watched so it puts me off watching again .

also if car boot is the best option anybody got any tips from experience theyve had if theyve car booted before . if thats the term for it lol

dont know why but pre-owned limited edition games are worth less than the standard editions??? try amazons trade in service as you often get more value as they give you it as an amazon voucher. as for it being unopened matter not a jot for pre-owned games :crying:

ahwel , done the car boot sale the day , bunch of tight fisted ,steangy good for nothing ....... bleep bleep bleep , lucky if i sold about 30 dvds out the entire collection, was selling them for £1 each except the box sets and 2disc special editions . and that was it .

couldnt believe how tight some folk were, know theres a recesion and all that but think they were taking the pee.

misus had a cupcake maker brand new ,unopened,unused in box and they wanted like £2.50 for it ,thing cost like £35 brand new and we were flogging for £10 .

if you wana sell soemthing dont go to greenside car boot in edinburgh lol