Aaaaargh Bloody Flooded Roads

Bit of an adventure today heading to Elgin to drop the daughter off at home. Came round a corner to be confronted with a flooded road. Didn't have time to slow down to a crawl and went into it at a slightly higher speed than i would have liked. As i crawled out of the other side of ocean there was a loud scraping noise and things weren't right. Pulled into a layby to find the underfloor trim on the passenger side bent double (about 2ft of it) and now attached by about 3 fasteners. To sort it out i had to jack the car all the way up and kick the trim back into the right direction. Still flapping in the breeze all the way to Elgin and back to westhill. Luckily it was just some plastic trim and nothing more serious or mechanical.

After much searching i think i've got the right fasteners from E-Bay on the way and the trim is tie wrapped up till they arrive. There was a flooded road sign coming from the elgin way but not heading too elgin for some reason.

Aye, I remember hearing someone had a similar problem with their Renault, but it wasn't plastic they had broke it was something more mechanical had broken as a result... definitly worth slowing down for puddles... :0

Prob a bit of both. As most mechanical things in a Renault are plastic.