Clutch And Flywheel

Hi everyone!

The Clutch on my 1999 impreza turbo 2000 has begun slipping under heavy acceleration, have done some minor mods, fast flow cat and cat back exhaust, replacement panel filter, the basics! and the dream is to get close to the 300 bhp mark (front mount intercooler change the turbo and fuel pump I think!), and still have a drivable road car.

Could anyone suggest a course of action, and a product (ie a clutch and flywheel) which will be suitable for the car at it's and that could handle that increase in power.

As you can probably tell am a bit of a novice so any help would be great.

I am no expert but I am sure I heard that putting a fmic on a car under 400bhp is a waste of time as it just causes lag but I am sure one of the gurus will be on and correct me if I am wrong. To get close to the 300bhp you need on top of what you have done uprated fuel pump and a remap you should see around the 280bhp bigger injectors and uprated turbo will see you hit just over the 300bhp with a remap personally I wouldnt want much more than that on standard UK internals but up to you as for the clutch don't have a Scooby what one lol.

:)

Edited by maweeboy

I have just relaced a clutch and fly wheel on my new age. i went with the pink box excedy package feom aztec performance, great service, good package deal price for clutch and fly wheel, feels just like a standard clutch but can handle up to 400 bhp, give them a ring they are very good and the advice was excellent.

ta john

www.superhids.co.uk

Edited by cruz104

I have just relaced a clutch and fly wheel on my new age. i went with the pink box excedy package feom aztec performance, great service, good package deal price for clutch and fly wheel, feels just like a standard clutch but can handle up to 400 bhp, give them a ring they are very good and the advice was excellent.

ta john

www.superhids.co.uk

I got my Pink Box clutch from AS peformance ,cheaper than Camskill and Aztec including delivery :Scottish-flag:

I am no expert but I am sure I heard that putting a fmic on a car under 400bhp is a waste of time as it just causes lag but I am sure one of the gurus will be on and correct me if I am wrong. To get close to the 300bhp you need on top of what you have done uprated fuel pump and a remap you should see around the 280bhp bigger injectors and uprated turbo will see you hit just over the 300bhp with a remap personally I wouldnt want much more than that on standard UK internals but up to you as for the clutch don't have a Scooby what one lol.

:)

Heard something similar about fmic while doing more research, but also heard a bigger turbo can have the same effect! But the source isn't 100% reliable! 300 is a nice number would be happy with that..... For a while!!! Lol! And dude! naff joke.... But still chuckled!

ta john

www.superhids.co.uk

Thanks John, have dropped them an email explaining my plight! Also, was the flywheel you fitted a standard, or was it balanced and/or lightened? Heard changing the flywheel can cause all kinds of idling problems?

Thanks again.

Jose.

Thanks John, have dropped them an email explaining my plight! Also, was the flywheel you fitted a standard, or was it balanced and/or lightened? Heard changing the flywheel can cause all kinds of idling problems?

Thanks again.

Jose.

Hi Jose

I have a lightened wheel and not really noticed much of a difference yet but then again it has only been out once since it was fitted.