Got To Love The Weave....

Well after spending 6 months enclosed in bubble wrap in the corner of the garage I finally got round to slapping on the Seibon Carbon Scoop this morning. I didn't realise how much bigger than the std scoop it was but it'll do the job. Not liking the look of the silver mesh i sprayed it the same colour as the wheels - anthracite. I did try it with and without the mesh and it really didn't look right without it so anthracite mesh it is.

51fe5de8.jpg

9c54891a.jpg

44340ae5.jpg

Now thats on I wonedr how long it'll be before i sturt to buy more of the mighty weave! :whistle:

I think it came from Revolution. They were stripping down their race/demo car from last yaer and were selling the bits off so i got it for about £75-80 if i remember correctly. Which for what it is really isn't a bad price. Just took a bit of work to spray the mesh and it looks alot better.

I think it came from Revolution. They were stripping down their race/demo car from last yaer and were selling the bits off so i got it for about £75-80 if i remember correctly. Which for what it is really isn't a bad price. Just took a bit of work to spray the mesh and it looks alot better.

Thats not bad, seems to be about half the price of them new.

Was is hard to fit? I have never tried to remove the scoop from mine. I can see that its obviously a replaceable part from the top. Are there some fittings under the heat/noise shield under the bonnet?

easy to fit actually. the air guide plate and water spray come off with about 6 8mm bolts then the scoop is held on with a few clips and about 8 8mm nuts. The replacement is held on with 10 bolts all in it took about 40 minutes and that included messing about with the mesh.