Impreza sport series 2

Hi all.

This is my first posting & i'm new to the world of Subaru so be gentle with me :mellow:

Im trying to find out about a replacement engine from a local breakers. Its from a Subaru Impreza sport. Its a Series 2, EJ201 non turbo. It comes with the right ECU etc.

As its from a breakers it doesnt come with the VIN plate info which would of been a great help. :(

What im trying to find out is what years did this engine run form / too. This is for buying service parts & for getting hold of a workshop manaul. I've looked around the net for a few days for a workshop manaul but there is little in the way on there for the above engine.

Many thanks.

Mostin.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Haynes in the USA do a manual for Foresters and Legacys - and quite a bit of it is directly relevant to the non-turbo Imprezas. (I havea non turbo forester and impreza blob-eye so know first hand. Got mine through Amazon a while ago. The US manuals arent quite as detailed as the UK ones but loads in there- and good enough to convince me cambelt is a simple - ish DIY job..