back in scooby land

hi guys and girls, just got back into sccoby ownership by pure 'chance', i sold my sti type r about 18months ago and really have regreted it ever since, it was a minter with less then 30k on the clock :(

anyway, recently the wife was looking for a cheap mk3 golf, and while searching ebay i came across a turbo 2000 for very little money, long story/argument cut short, she got her golf, and i got another impreza, now i know coming from an sti type r that the uk car wont feel as raw, but in the past ive had a few wrx's and as few sti's, all classics, but the uk turbo 2000 felt so flat.

anyway after soem investigation i discovered that the turbo to intercooler hose had gone very hard and was not sealing properly on the intercooler side, a new pipe cured alot of problems but its still so slow comapred to what i remember, im not slating the uk classix here, i suppose i was expecting more thats all. it also became apparent that the car wasnt that loved by the previous owner, it desperatly needed plugs, and a fulll service, semmes to be runnign properly since

The car is a my1999 turbo 2000

it is standard appart from a cone filter, bailey dump valve, and sti backbox. all on the car when bought.

is the ecu on this year remmapable?

what would be the best way to go about realeasing a few more horses to play with on the lanes here in west wales??

none of this detracts from the grin ive now got on my face again, even if underpowered a bit it still grips like an impreza and im happy to see the other owners still do the 'wave' :):driving::icon_fU:

thanks

tim

welcome back! :D yep my99's can be remapped via ecutek and if it hasnt been done already then the cone filter and dump valve could be doing more harm than good!

id get the maf checked and put on a decat downpipe then get it remapped, should be good for 260 - 280 and put a smile back on your face :)