Seems to miss when reaching 100mph

Hiya, Im new to this and have only owned myWRX for about 11 weeks, Took it for a blast on Tuesday and when I hit 100mph it seemed as though the engine was missing, power, no power.. kept my foot down and it would'nt go past 120, I'm not a boy racer by the way lol, Turbo kicks in at about 4,000revs and boosts at 1.5 psi, dont know if this set up right, it's a 93 and i've been told that it could be the ECU and that year cant be remapped, any held i would be greatfull, thnx

If it reads in mph it should be derestricted (unless you have stickers over the dials). the early cars used a mechanical speedo drive and you fit a converter which changes the speedo to mph and moves the limiter to 180mph.

As for remapping thats crap, you can fit a chip to move the boost up a bit ( to around 1.1bar) or andy f can do a custom remap your ecu using esl a bit like ecutek on the later cars.

If your not seeing bosst til 4k your set up needs looked at or its not the standard turbo, thats too late and if you mean 1.5bar thats high + the standard ecu will cut the fuel.

johnny.

Edited by JohnnyR6

I've used scoobytechnix for bits, the bloke seems very good. I had no probs with him and would use them again. Never used them for work (being in glasgow thats probably obvious, well that and the fact i do my own work) but they were recommended to me by guys on 22b.com

Johnny.

Edited by JohnnyR6