What mods for my 2006 Black Hawkeye STI

thats a tough one Gary, carbon bonnets and that sort of thing wont really stand out against black - how about the perrin wing stiffi's and some wrc style mirrors like john (cruz) maybe a vortex generator thingy on the rear window?

Hi Dave,

I will post some pics up this weekend, the WRC mirrors I like, but can't find anywhere that does them for the Hawkeye, I have the Zun Sport upper and lower front grills on which are in chrome just now. Perrin Stiffi's are on the cards too as we spoke about at Knockhill last weekend, just need to find somewhere that sells them at a decent price.

I think a black car looks well when everything is black on it, wheels, windows, grilles like marko said above. Makes for a really stealthy looking car! Think they call it the murdered out look

Here's mine for some ideas mate, if carlsberg made the new stealth bomber...............

IMG00087-20110430-1657.jpg

IMG00081-20110430-1546.jpg

still work in progress, black brembo's on horizon for future mods, rear end now de-badged. mine needs lowered a tad too me thinks. Carbon parts do show ok and look quite subtle against the black, ive got carbon door pillar thingy's and rear heat exhaust shield just small touches. was considering perrin wing stiffi's but feel they might detract from my car so unsure but a cool mod none the less. Cheers JV

222020-2.jpg

Hi All,

Some choice ideas there. I think getting it lowered it is a tick, tinted windows equally so, not sure about the wheels, maybe go the opposite to the popular vote and go white for something a little different, really want wrc wing wirrors, getting the perrin stiffi's, already has a front splitter - forgot to mention that in my post! maybe go for the fog light cover conversion as mine is fully blanked off at the moment.

Anything you think I may have missed???

Cheers

Gary

x444wrx

you should get your boot lock surround painted black to match too, I think it makes a big difference..

I also tinted the spoiler brake light so it blends in better

39184_477688093975_643858975_6637605_4464149_n.jpg

Yup, liked those mods so much.............

new6018.jpg

Its always the small things that make the big diff, cheers for the pointers mate!!! :)

think that sounds pretty good, id be tempted to leave the wheels gold Gary, bit different these days

have you sourced stiffi's? if not try darren at vivid racing

Hi Dave,

Not sourced them yet, Vivid racing seems to be the only place - just dont fancy the £50 a pop!!! Maybe the gold will stay, it's just I already have 2 in white from the rally car which I thought I might put on 1 side to see what it looks like. See what happens.

Gary

[do you fancy a set of bilstel-prodrive shockes

front & rear anti roll bars came off a rb320

phone paul on 07801737552/b]

Hi Paul,

Maybe an option, what did you replace them with? and compared to the standard do you know how much lower they would make the car front and rear?

Cheers

Gary

Hi Paul,

Maybe an option, what did you replace them with? and compared to the standard do you know how much lower they would make the car front and rear?

Cheers

Gary

ih m8 wee fitted kw club sport kit because wee do track work

the rb320 suspension will seat 30mm lower on the front & 20 mm on the back

the rear roll bar is adjustable to

have a set of whiteline top mounts if you are looking for some caster :headbang:

Here's mine for some ideas mate, if carlsberg made the new stealth bomber...............

IMG00087-20110430-1657.jpg

IMG00081-20110430-1546.jpg

still work in progress, black brembo's on horizon for future mods, rear end now de-badged. mine needs lowered a tad too me thinks. Carbon parts do show ok and look quite subtle against the black, ive got carbon door pillar thingy's and rear heat exhaust shield just small touches. was considering perrin wing stiffi's but feel they might detract from my car so unsure but a cool mod none the less. Cheers JV

222020-2.jpg

Car looks sweet! Think if you got the black headlights that would finish the front end off just perfect, think they were an option on the hawk eyes? Or i've heard of guys taking them to bits & painting the inserts! Think theres an option for de-chromed tail lights too?

I do like that air intake in the fog light cover, where did you get that and does it do anything apart from looking good? Did you just get the back lights tinted? If not how did you do it?

Cheers

Gary

I just sold some genuine black fog light covers on ebay! I just used the drivers side one with no light in it, removed the intake snorkel in the inner wing and ran a flexi pipe up into the airbox. Made it a tiny bit noisier, prob didnt make any bhp increase.

After this was taken i added a pipercross red anodised funnel behind the cover to make it a bit neater.

COL_2481copy.jpg

23.jpg

Col.