can any 1 tell me who is good for insurance for my scooby

hi guys im looking for insurance for my scooby ! im looking for a second car insurance but not sure who is good and who is not ! would be the case of starting no claims again seen as my no claims are on my other car which i use every day can any 1 help?

hi guys im looking for insurance for my scooby ! im looking for a second car insurance but not sure who is good and who is not ! would be the case of starting no claims again seen as my no claims are on my other car which i use every day can any 1 help?

Speak to Admiral about a multicar policy. They're very good and you don't have to have both policies start at the same time. You can swap your NCB between vehicles once you've taken it out as well - I recently swapped the 6yrs on the car I no longer own to the scoob which had 2 (because of a claim).

When i bought a second car and started a multicar policy with Admiral,they applied the same NCB i had for the scoob to the 2nd car.

Not totally sure how this works but in my reasoning its coz i cant drive them both at the same time :lol:

Colin.

I am insured through the IAM (need to be a member) - company is Adelaide Insurance Services (based in N.I.) - very good and were good value. Also very good service - not overseas and email everything to you so no waiting on paper all the time.

All of this as a long time Elephant / Admiral customer but worth the move.

Also Keith Michaels have done a great job quoting me several times too.

Brian.

Admiral multicar policy is the best I found.

Im 28, the wife is 29.

I've 9years no claims, wife none.

I've never crashed, she has :whistle:

and for us both to drive my 1998 classic scoob and her renault modus thing it costs £1000 a year. That's even with them both kept on the street! (I found that telling them it was on the street made the insurance CHEAPER than saying it's in the garage. Logic please?!)

Get your quote online and then when they ring you (usually next day) haggle like crazy.

Excesses not too bad (£150 theft excess) courtesy car, protected no claims, legal cover etc etc. The multi car bit is great because as somebody already said your cars can start on different dates at no extra cost. They just work out your premium based on the first car to come to policy being 365days of cover and whatever cars come after based on how many days cover they require within those 365days.

As for no claims bonus, I did question the salesman about whether my 9 years ncb could be applied to both cars, not just the scoob, and he did say it's something they can do in certain circumstances. Think the fact my wife had a claim against her meant we couldn't. Always worth asking!

I'm usually a fan of direct line but after being a "valued customer" for four years they wanted £800 just for the diesel modus! A £300 rise over last year!

Good luck.....it's a minefield out there and I'm sure they just pluck numbers out of the air! :brickwall:

Another vote for Admiral here. Multi car policy for the scoob with all mods declared and daily driver bout £600 with my partner on the daily and she's just passed her test bout 2 months ago. IIRC my no claims bonus has been applied to both cars. Under £600 all in :occasion14:

But I am 93 years old :icon_joker:

Edited by marko72