Bugeye Wagon Spats

Does anyone know where I could get some rear bumper spats for my wrx bugeye wagon? Plain looking, like the £50, black ht-autos ones. I've called them and they said that the wagon bumper is different from the non-wagon bumpers, so they didn't "think" wouldn't fit! Does anybody know if the bumpers are that different? Corner shape or what?

Ta

Ryan

Hi

I know the front bumpers are def different and obviously the wagon doesnt have the flared arches the saloon has. Dont know about the rear bumper but I would have thought that the HT autos saloon rear bug spats could be 'trimmed' to fit the wagon bumper. As far as I know HT do a saloon front bug splitter and a separate wagon one, pity they dont do wagon only rear spats then?

Cheers.

Ryan

I've a 2001 bugeye wagon and have just fitted the front splitter from HT Autos and also their blobeye rear spats (like those shown in their picture below)-

81871309.jpg

The rear bumper is different for the bugeye wagaon vs. saloon, but I chose the blobeye spats as they have a very similar profile to the front splitter I fitted.

I'm away this weekend but can post some photos on Sunday / Monday if you'd like to see them fitted. They do stick out by about 2 -3 inches, but only past the lower part of the bumper (you can see the wagon bumper below has a section about 12 long at the lowest point. The spat sticks out 2-3 inches beyond that, but no where near as far as the rear of the bumper (if you get what I mean). I quite like it - its....different.

This is the wagon rear -

kenneth016is4.jpg

This is a saloon -

$(KGrHqV,!h8E2JUonrT8BNp15Rz,n!~~_12.JPG

Cheers

Corrie

Corrie. Nice one, thats the ones I was thinking about. If you could post or pm me a couple pictures of them fitted, that would be very helpful. I'm going to colour code them anyways, so having to slightly mod them to fit wouldn't be too bad. Thanks for your input man.

Ryan

Hey Ryan

Here's some photos of the front splitter and the spats (also showing how cut and enlarged holes to go over the rear bumper fixings).

I used 3 self tapping screws and a thin bed of mastic - just to make sure they stayed on.

Hope this helps.

Corrie

post-11683-0-29799200-1304284580.jpg

post-11683-0-56288200-1304284582.jpg

post-11683-0-49381900-1304284583.jpg

post-11683-0-30195200-1304284584.jpg

post-11683-0-28680400-1304284585.jpg

post-11683-0-30021000-1304284586.jpg

Aye. Looks like they should be alright then. I think I'll order a pair. Worth a bash to try and bring the rear bumper down to a similar level to the front bumper and side skirts. I have fitted some sti8 side skirts, which are not quite as square and chunky looking as the wrx black ones. So hope the rear spats will complament them? Thanks for your input Corrie, great help.

Ryan