mpg? / bhp?

hi im pretty new to the whole scooby experiance so you will have to bare with me with these silly q's sorry :thumbup:

iv had my scooby for a week now its a 2.0 awd turbo 2000 apart from the exhaust and dump valve performance wise its pretty standard i think.. so wot sort of mpg should i be getting she just seems to drink the stuff!! also wot bhp are these models??

cheers

hi im pretty new to the whole scooby experiance so you will have to bare with me with these silly q's sorry :thumbup:

iv had my scooby for a week now its a 2.0 awd turbo 2000 apart from the exhaust and dump valve performance wise its pretty standard i think.. so wot sort of mpg should i be getting she just seems to drink the stuff!! also wot bhp are these models??

cheers

MPG should be somewhere between 20 and 25 MPG for normal running around. You could see upto around 30 for motorway runs. At lot will depend on what sort of journeys you're doing (traffic levels, town, country etc.) and how heavy your right foot is ;)

Check your tyre pressures regularly. Under or over inflated tyres can cost you a mile or two per gallon!

BHP will depend on the model year, they upped the performance nearly every year from between 98MY and 2000MY from around 208bhp to 225 or so. You will also have lost a little as the car ages and perhaps gained a little from exhaust mods.

MPG should be somewhere between 20 and 25 MPG for normal running around. You could see upto around 30 for motorway runs. At lot will depend on what sort of journeys you're doing (traffic levels, town, country etc.) and how heavy your right foot is ;)

Check your tyre pressures regularly. Under or over inflated tyres can cost you a mile or two per gallon!

BHP will depend on the model year, they upped the performance nearly every year from between 98MY and 2000MY from around 208bhp to 225 or so. You will also have lost a little as the car ages and perhaps gained a little from exhaust mods.

i think im getting around the 20/25 mph so sounds about right juat abit of a shock as i have been using the wifes t4 since xmas that does about 45 to the gallon but i love the scooby so well worth putting the fuel in you mention the tyre pressurs i got 17" on mine wot pressurse do you guys run your tyre on!!

i think im getting around the 20/25 mph so sounds about right juat abit of a shock as i have been using the wifes t4 since xmas that does about 45 to the gallon but i love the scooby so well worth putting the fuel in you mention the tyre pressurs i got 17" on mine wot pressurse do you guys run your tyre on!!

The tyre pressures on normally on a sticker inside the drivers door. Mine are 2.2 bar front and 2.1 bar rear.

My MY98 UK Turbo gets between 28 to 30Mpg on the way to work, getting stuck in the school run traffic, around 300 miles a week. It has a few mods done to it, probably get less mpg on 'less busy back roads' but never calculated it. The cars done a good bit of mileage, but still gets a good return on the go faster juice :)