help with locks...

locked my car with the fob yesterday around 7pm. Went to get in her just now to head home and the fob won't open her. Noticed the red LED beside the clock is not flasing either, or the little red immobiliser light next to the speedo! Car is a 02 bugeye. Any ideas on the problem or solution to getting in to her?

fob is my only option for locking and unlocking. I though the alarm goes off when the battery voltage drops below a certain voltage? Not heard it going off today. No signs of the fob batterys getting low either, they were changed in the last 4-5 months also. Stuck 30 odd miles from home, in the middle of nearly no where. Typical luck likes. Is there a way of breaking in and using the keypad to start her? Or how to pop the bonnet and try the battery?

Managed to sort a lift home from the Borders. No further with the car, as it was dark and I only had a wee torch to work with! Sweet talk another lift down to try a few moves on her tomorrow. Trying for the bonnet catch did cross my mind. Fingers crossed with a fresh head on tomorrow morning, I'll manage to get in....

Such is life

Any tips or tricks of getting in or popping the bonnet will be very helpful.

Ryan

Good luck.

Daft question but how come you can only use the fob? Has the car been de-locked? Just curious?

I thought that even with after market alarms, the key would still override everything.

Is that not the case?

Long story to answering your question. But that option aint no more for me. But you're right, the key used to be able to open the locks and then you can arm or disarm the alarm etc.

Think I'll try reverting to that method, incase something similar happens in the future.

Ryan

Down to car this lunchtime. Armed with a box of tools and daylight on my side. Took all of 10 minutes farting about with the bonnet catch to pop it open. Got power to the battery and the alarm started going off and my fob started working again. My friend thinks he left one of the map reading lights on!!!! All sorted now and voltage gauge is back to 13.4 volts.

Cheers

Ryan