Fuel leaking

Right story so far ,i went out to clear my drive of snow again so i moved my car forward onto the pavement.I left it ticking over for a couple of min's,went back in to move it back and there was a strong smell of fuel.

Popped the bonnet and had a look in and good sniff about and definitely fuel ,shone a torch in i there was a pool of the stuff (i know because i joined straws together and sucked it up ).It is on the passenger side just under the inlet-manifold,it looks like it is where the metal fuel line /rail is joined together with a 2.5>3" piece of rubber pipe .

Has anyone had this before?? Is it because of the cold you know the 2 materials contracting at different rates?????

Easy fix???

Car is a 2001 WRX UK300 60,ooomls

Thanks in advance.

Kenny

Edited by kennyuk300

with your car being a bug eye it is a common fault in cold weather, there is a thread about it somewhere I think on Scoobynet, I am not sure but it may well even be covered by warranty!

Thanks Graeme.

Did have a strong smell once last year,but it was only for a few minutes went into Tesco came back out and nothing..Covered even after all this time???

Kenny

not thats its any help but mine was the same last year ill have a look on scabbynet

kenny

I know what it is ,the rubber hose i mentioned....Very common fault on the Bugeye model ,Subaru put out an advisory on it but not a recall..

On looking through the posts on SN it looks to be a manifold off job :crying: Also Subaru also sell a modified fuel lines as a fix..

Might be worth getting Craig ot do yours while it is there??

Kenny

Thanks Graeme.. :biggrinsanta: Think i will give VOSA a shout tomorrow :occasion14:

wondered if i cld get this done even tho i didnt purchase the car originaly and im like the 4th/5th owner hmm, maybe worth phoning up nobles and askin them

If you don't ask you don't get,might be worth trying VOSA first see where you stand . :icon_salut:

Kenny

Update....Called VOSA today the chap Martin mentioned in the link that G.Mac so kindly put up was very nice and helpful (*to a point* ).Tells me the have looked into it extensively ,that the amount of fuel leaking was not significant enough,nor enough to cause fire.He did say that though this was the case Subaru did not want to have too many unhappy customers and would fix this known problem .Great i thought.

He then went on to tell me to get it booked in to get it assessed and to Email him the name of the dealer,he would contact Subaru UK with the details and they in turn would get into contact with said dealer.Once it was agreed to be the known problem it would be fixed..........As long as the car has not been *modified*.

So there you go, if you have a problem like this and have a standard car your luck is in :icon_flower:

looks like i will need to get it fixed myself :(

Kenny