Woohoo cold weather

Vimmy

Drove to work today, the coldest day so far at -5 all the way to Swindon, the car drove like a rocket with the exhaust being abnormally loud :) Seems like free power all for the price of defrosting your car...

Anyone else noticed performance pick due to the less warm weather?

Cheers,

Col

Mine is parked up in this weather. 8.5" wide, 35 profile tyres and AP 6pots with no abs scares the living brown stuff out of me!

LOL no ABS in this weather makes for a spirited drive indeed, just keep a clean pair of breeks and keks and you'll be just fine :)

i think my speedo's screwed i was sitting still earlier and it said i was doing 40mph................lol i love the snow and yes car seems a bit more vibrant with the icey cold air

Yikes that wasnt a case of sitting on black ice doing 40 and going nowhere? :biggrinsanta:

LOL! I had a little fun in the Lexus last night! NOT!!!!!!!

Had the Scoob all parked up and then tried to get the Lex on the drive..... OOPS!! kissed the gates moving sideways lol :censored:

Oh feck not good mate, I hope its not a serious ding?

Just a scrape Col, more embarrassing then anything else!!

This cold weather must be good for an extra 5 bhp though eh ;)

Ah few just a scrape, shud be easy enough to polish out? As for the HP i reckon a few more horses and ponies on top of that if my raised exhasut note is anything to go by, at 'higher' speeds shall we say :)

yeah my exhaust note has certainly changed my bloody exhaust has exploded somewhere near the manifold and it sounds like a tank not bloomin happy can only asseme its something to do withe the rapid heat change and stainless headers!!!!!!!!!

Sheeit that aint good mate, I had that problem when I used the gaskets provided with my stainless headers. The gasket was so weak that it blew a hole and I had to replace the lot just to stop it happening the remaining ones. OEM subaru gaskets have been on since and never faltered once. I'm hoping this is the same for you, bit of a pain in the derrier but an easy fix....the exhaust should be able to handle the extremes of temperatures I would have thought.

Cheers,

Col

Sheeit that aint good mate, I had that problem when I used the gaskets provided with my stainless headers. The gasket was so weak that it blew a hole and I had to replace the lot just to stop it happening the remaining ones. OEM subaru gaskets have been on since and never faltered once. I'm hoping this is the same for you, bit of a pain in the derrier but an easy fix....the exhaust should be able to handle the extremes of temperatures I would have thought.

Cheers,

Col

i wont know till i get the car on the ramps but the garage is closed till the weather settles as its a complete white out up here im hoping its just the gasket blew out also it was just so sudden i was only drivin for about 2 minutes then stopped at a junction then gingerly pulled off in first and wham the car sounded like a tank!!!!!!!!!! crazy

i wont know till i get the car on the ramps but the garage is closed till the weather settles as its a complete white out up here im hoping its just the gasket blew out also it was just so sudden i was only drivin for about 2 minutes then stopped at a junction then gingerly pulled off in first and wham the car sounded like a tank!!!!!!!!!! crazy

Yeah sounds very familiar, i had the same one minute your driving along, only the faint farty noise and then full on Massey Ferguson tractor impersonator, with pretty much huge loss of power...

Yeah sounds very familiar, i had the same one minute your driving along, only the faint farty noise and then full on Massey Ferguson tractor impersonator, with pretty much huge loss of power...

thats the thing it didnt even make a faint sound first well actually it did have a pin hole at the bottom of the headers but if thats what blew out i will be very surprised but you never know it was very small though was almost silent could only hear it when in close quarers but only faintly but yeah that day it went from quiet to full on tracter in the blink of an eye not even under boost or anything was quiet then i slowed down and when i took of slowly boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!