Powder Coating?

Guys could anybody with powder coating experience give me some advice please. I am soon planning on a complete suspension overhall. I have purchased spare front wishbones, rear trailing arms, rear lateral link arms and a full set of poly bushes. I have sourced the suspension components from japan so they have no rust on them like most UK cars do. What I want to do it to keep my car tip top for as many years as possible so I thought I would get the components powder coaed before fitting them.

How suitable is powder coating for this type of application?

Will it cause problems in the bushing holes where it will make them a tighter fit due to the extra thickness of the powder coat?

Will it last?

Lastly does anybody know if the whiteline ARB's are powder coated or are they painted? I am fitting a couple or ARB's and would like their finish to last too.

Lastly does anybody know if the whiteline ARB's are powder coated or are they painted? I am fitting a couple or ARB's and would like their finish to last too.

Good shout Richie,regarding the ARB's they are just painted .Mine are showing signs of corrosion/flaking paint <_< Think Whiteline have looked into this with the newer ones .mine are a couple of years old.

FMJ (Full Metal Jacket?????)

Kenny

Good shout Richie,regarding the ARB's they are just painted .Mine are showing signs of corrosion/flaking paint <_< Think Whiteline have looked into this with the newer ones .mine are a couple of years old.

FMJ (Full Metal Jacket?????)

Kenny

Thanks guys will look at the thread later as the misses is making me go shopping now :(

I have the whiteline droplinks and thought they would keep a good finish as they are anodized. But I also have some Roger Clark ali engine pulleys that have started to corrode after two years. Its a never ending battle to keep the car looking good but hopefully powder coating will be the answer!

Yes FMJ as in full metal jacket. The thin copper sleeve around a lead bullet. Not the film by the same name.

As a teenager the first internet forum I joined was an Airsoft Skirmish Forum (it's like paintball). I used the name FMJ for that and have just used it for everything since.

Thanks guys will look at the thread later as the misses is making me go shopping now :(

I have the whiteline droplinks and thought they would keep a good finish as they are anodized. But I also have some Roger Clark ali engine pulleys that have started to corrode after two years. Its a never ending battle to keep the car looking good but hopefully powder coating will be the answer!

Yes FMJ as in full metal jacket. The thin copper sleeve around a lead bullet. Not the film by the same name.

As a teenager the first internet forum I joined was an Airsoft Skirmish Forum (it's like paintball). I used the name FMJ for that and have just used it for everything since.

Rather like the user name B) I dare say there would not be a problem getting your OE arms and the like done.Have been thinking about either getting my ARB's coated or get new ones coated before fitting.

I also think you should get some pics up ,sounding like a nice project B):thumbup:

Kenny