stopping power

hi all other sidc members, hope all are well??

i have a 2003 wrx, and the brakes are getting a bit tired, so im on the look out to upgrade them, i've looked at tarox, k sport and the usuasl brembos. any advice on which to choose will be gratefully accecpted..

with thanks rich...

I've had the Godspeed big brake conversion which uses the the standard calipers with bigger disc's and the k-sport 8 pot kit, i would go for the the k-sports as long as you don't use the pads supplied and upgrade them to something like ferado 2500's, both kits fit under the standard wrx wheels :thumbup:

ps...most of us are on here now www.kentscoobies.com ;)

Edited by Granby

cheers ian, was looking into the k sport sets more than the other 2 sets. scoobyworld have recently put them on their site, and i remember you putting the photos up of yours when you did them. plus they do look good, and aren't too expensive compared to the others..

is there any particular reason you favoured ferrodo pads over k sports own items, as im only thinking of getting 6 pots, as im only running 260ish bhp, compared to the big bhp your wagon has...

did also think there wasn't a lot of activity on here lately as it has been a bit quiet, and dare i say a little clicky, hope that doesn't sound bad??

cheers for the advice ian... rich...

The standard pads are rubbish and i wouldn't trust them in a emergency, i did do a couple of track days with them and the first one was OK but after only 15mins on the second one the brakes had no feel what so ever and didn't want to stop the car with any confidence, other people have also said that the pads break up quite a bit, even if your not gonna use them hard i would still recommend changing the pads

ps...the wagon is no more if you didn't know :(

Edited by Granby

looks like i will give the ferrodo pads a try then, dont want pads breaking up on me. doesnt sound too good...

what sory of set up did you have for the rear assembly, as i was only going to up rate the discs and pads, and use the standard calipers??

i didnt hear about your wagon, hope it wasnt anything major that made you have to get rid of it?? did you get another scooby in its place???

I had k-sport rear brakes as well, it did stop quite well lol

The wagon, well if you can call blowing up a engine anything major then it wasn't anything major lol, lost interest in it when that happen and broke the wagon for parts, amazingly I've sold everything from it

I've gone sensible now and got myself a Vauxhall......................................Monaro VXR :D:D:D

Edited by Granby