Arrrrrrrgggghhhhhh!

Scoob was in for repair to the rear bumper this last couple of days... went to get her this morning and they've done a fantastic job.

Happy as Larry I drove out of Witney, onto the A40, hit 60 and BANG!!! Up comes the bonnet!!!! :cussing:

So there I am, outside lane of the A40, doing 60, unable to see a bloody thing at rush hour... hit something on the outside edge (stone/kerb/other), swung the car blindly across two lanes (thankfully missing any more cars) and hit the kerb on the inside lane just as I pull into the layby.

The paint guys have said they'll fix her up good as new but I'm not a happy bunny this morning. :( Going to be weeks before I see her again now.

**Just to add, I was the only occupant and I'm alright, just in a pissy mood!**

Before anyone asks, no, I won't say who the paint guys are, it was a genuine accident on their part, they've been good about it and honestly did a great job with the paint ;)

Scoob was in for repair to the rear bumper this last couple of days... went to get her this morning and they've done a fantastic job.

Happy as Larry I drove out of Witney, onto the A40, hit 60 and BANG!!! Up comes the bonnet!!!! :cussing:

So there I am, outside lane of the A40, doing 60, unable to see a bloody thing at rush hour... hit something on the outside edge (stone/kerb/other), swung the car blindly across two lanes (thankfully missing any more cars) and hit the kerb on the inside lane just as I pull into the layby.

The paint guys have said they'll fix her up good as new but I'm not a happy bunny this morning. :( Going to be weeks before I see her again now.

**Just to add, I was the only occupant and I'm alright, just in a pissy mood!**

Before anyone asks, no, I won't say who the paint guys are, it was a genuine accident on their part, they've been good about it and honestly did a great job with the paint ;)

Not good Stu, sympathies xxx

Holy :censored: Stu, not good mate, not good.......

Glad you is ok though mate, metal can be fixed.

So you hit something and then the bonnet came up??? you're lucky with that one mate.....

Oh no Stu,

Not good but at least your ok, sounds like they may have been at fault or the bonnet catch requires a little grease to ensure that it catches correctly.

Glad your ok though, thats the important part, and it sounds like you were lucky that nothing was in the way when you had to cross two lanes to get into the lay-by.

Hope she is back on the road soon.

Rich

Thanks guys. Bonnet opened because it hadn't been closed properly before I collected the car :(

Roof is the bit I'm worried about, the bonnet, screen dash etc can be replaced easily enough but the roof just looks nasty!!!

I know what you mean about the roof problem, they do look nasty when they are damaged, I'm sure they can replace the panel as they have told me that mine can be replaced after you know what.

Hopefully they will get her back on the road in the shortest time possible, you able to have another car off them while it in for repair, as it appears to be their fault and if they have taken responsibility for the repairs?

Rich

I know what you mean about the roof problem, they do look nasty when they are damaged, I'm sure they can replace the panel as they have told me that mine can be replaced after you know what.

Hopefully they will get her back on the road in the shortest time possible, you able to have another car off them while it in for repair, as it appears to be their fault and if they have taken responsibility for the repairs?

Rich

Yep, they're fixing the car and have given me a courtesy car in the mean time.

Holy crap Stu, that sounds bloody scary mate, has to be the mother of all nightmares...glad you are ok and that the car is fixable too :) make sure, as Myles says, that all the damage is noted and the reason for it.

Fingers crossed Hannah is back on the road very soon and back in her always tiptop condition :)