MOT Passed

Had the car in for its annual test today, fearing the worst with a few niggly issues that could have failed it.

Surprisingly the car passed with only one warning about the inside tread on the tyres, this gives me some breathing space now to get some repairs done on a wee car thats done a few miles. :)

I did notice one thing on the way home though, as the car had been out all day in the cold pretty much, once the car was nicely warm I took it for a bit of a spirited run and noticed the boost had crept and held up at 1.2-1.3Bar where as normally I get 1.0-1.1Bar...thinking that this was a fluke I did a few more full boost runs and it remained. I thought free boost after an exhaust replacement must have caused it but the next few runs it returned, sadly, back to the norm :(

The only thing I can put this down to is heat soak on the intake manifold, from the block, increasing intake temps and reducing power that way. I have just replaced the aging and rotten wrap on the exhaust manifold and so hopefully reduce the heat escaping from the manifold and keep the exhaust gasses warmer as they hit the turbo. This gives me some food for thought wrt inserting intake manifold phenolic spacers to stop any further heat soak and perhaps getting some of that boost back :)

Straight over my head mate but good news she passed the MOT! :D

Yeah I was like an expectant father all day, got the good news midafternoon lol, boy was I a happy man :)

I had a real comfy hire car today, easy to drive, soft seats and a quiet cabin. When I picked up the car tonight it was like getting into it for the first time :) hard seats, stiff clutch, low riding position, small and stiff steering wheel and a helluva noisy cabin - I was home :)

Yeah I was like an expectant father all day, got the good news midafternoon lol, boy was I a happy man :)

I had a real comfy hire car today, easy to drive, soft seats and a quiet cabin. When I picked up the car tonight it was like getting into it for the first time :) hard seats, stiff clutch, low riding position, small and stiff steering wheel and a helluva noisy cabin - I was home :)

:headbang: That's what I like to hear!

where did you go for that dodgy MOT then ;):thumbup:

Dodgy MOT, definetly not old boy, pucka one this one. I had to remove the cough straight thru cough exhaust and replace it with the original catted exhaust (which resides in a cosy garage not too far from me, all nice and dry) and then replace it after. Surprisingly the emissions were fine, no fuel additives to try and fool the emissions machine :)