350mile Roundtrip To Work :)

Vimmy

Just had a great day out, well 170 mile trip up the M5/6 to Manchester for a 9am start, had the whole journey without fuss apart from a wee bit of fog..car never complained at all, was zigging and zagging in all the gaps in the 2nd and 3rd lanes.

The way back was a tad busier, work finished at 4pm so hit the M5/M6 intersection at the 'right' time and miles of queues...but that helped me do some heat soak testing on work I've been doing to the car.

When pulling away in jams previously theres always been that little bit of extra lag/reduction of pickup in boost and acceleration because of the heat soak effect its taken a while for it to disappear and normal performance to reappear. Now the car pulls away without any hesitation felt, from a stand still and the turbo sucking away and whistling like a good 'un.

I take my hat off to the engineers at Subaru for putting together a great wee car that still goes on after many, many miles. I cant think of another car I would ever want to replace it (well only one that ends with 911)

Cheers,

Col

Aye it seems the more they are driven, the better they respond, not to say to rag them to bits, but driven respectfully :)

I had to stop on the way back for a nature break and checked the tyre temps at the time, they were damn hot but a little sticky too, always handy that :)

I did a jaunt from home to Dumfries Council buildings and back one day for an install, not one I would like to repeat but definitely not stressful :)

Hi Andy, I was working for British Energy at the time replacing all their networking kit in their remote emergency sites, so when any of the Nuclear sites blew up/were attacked they could control it all 20 miles away, a bit of a scary time if it did..

I do IT security kind of stuff as well, doing network designs/builds/tests for the MoJ buggering about with firewalls/switches/load balancers and that kind of funky thing :)

Good work Col - but fella, I know you loves the 993's like myself but have you seen the price of RS4's nowadays??? tempting... very tempting...

...trying to talk a mate at work into getting one when he chops in his A3 :D

In return, he's talking me into getting a rather hot Fozzy STB in white... took her out yesterday OH... MY... FOOKING... GOD!!!! :boldblue:

Yes Matty it would only be an air cooler flat 6 993 that could tear me away from Doris, nothing much else could persuade me :) As for the RS4's, don't they run on old VW engines nowadays, I heard the Audi lumps weren't upto much either :banana2:

Hey Stu, I can vouch for fozzies, respectible and family like in one hand, and a complete riot on the other :) Ours is only the XT, but compared to mine, its a luxurious beastie :)

Yes Matty it would only be an air cooler flat 6 993 that could tear me away from Doris, nothing much else could persuade me :) As for the RS4's, don't they run on old VW engines nowadays, I heard the Audi lumps weren't upto much either :banana2:

Hey Stu, I can vouch for fozzies, respectible and family like in one hand, and a complete riot on the other :) Ours is only the XT, but compared to mine, its a luxurious beastie :)

Yep, always been impressed by them. This one's white and I can't say I've seen another that age in white. Lowered, bloody great wide arches, bumper and sills. Looks and sounds mint... doubt I'll take much convincing, just hoping she's still there on Sat! ;)

Yep, always been impressed by them. This one's white and I can't say I've seen another that age in white. Lowered, bloody great wide arches, bumper and sills. Looks and sounds mint... doubt I'll take much convincing, just hoping she's still there on Sat! ;)

Aye I'm sure she will, its a lot of car for anyone that doesnt know these cars...and it would make a great family car I'm sure, must be a great selling point for the missus :)

Only trouble is that it's a seat short. Nothing a milk crate in the boot wont fix ;)

Nah, I don't see it as a missing seat, more space saving for shopping :) I was thinking about a full beer crate, that way it wont move around on the twisties....and when you get thirsty...