1997 Uk Classic - Facelift Or Pre-facelift Help Please !

Hi people

my baby is poorly and needs n/s headlight to get through MOT ... Fleabay has a pair for £25 for a prefacelift model , which I think mine is but not 100 % sure .... mine has a low centre console around the handbrake . black dials etc ...

any clues please as to what constitutes a facelift model

the bonnet is not the same nor is the front bumper on ur bonnet dose the small grills split in to and if im not mistaken the bottom of the bumper sud av a lip on it which sud av ventish holes av a look at sum pics if ur not sure after readin this ope this helps
Edited by TONYD
  • 2 weeks later...

thank you - pics to follow but I'm sure mine is an early facelift model as it's got the mesh bonnet vents ....

unfortunately I was in a desperate hurry for a pair of headlights to get though the mot and ended up with a pre enjoyed pre-facelift set , lights do fit ( just ) but to the trained eye you can soon spot the difference .. especailly when the bonnet is up and the pre facelift lights are slightly small

pair of lights only cost £25 though so I can take the shame for now until I save up for some nice ones ...

regards

Chris