My Latest 'adjustment'

I couldnt resist, saw some spoiler risers on here so bought them for £40 inc delivery.

Fitting was a bit of a s****ter but here we go, they will divide opinion but I like them at the mo. Pics not too good as they are on iphone at dusk!

7b6771fd.jpg

3c2dd45a.jpg

4fe1f26f.jpg

i was thinking of a set before i got prodrive spoiler, something different

I thought £40 well spent, if I decide I dont like them Ill move them on with no problem and possibly a profit! That carbon fibre is a bitch to make a hole in!

Looks pretty funky there Myles :), at 40 squids for a set of fibre risers is a bit of a steal too. A little bit of extra down force at your rear wont do any harm on the twisties at all :lol:

I've never seen these been used on an Impreza, more so on Celica GT4's and Skylines and they seem to work well for those cars, so why not the Scooby :P With me having a 'sensible' wagon I've never looked at them but it looks good matey. I wonder if you'll get the same effect as if you would with a big ass WRC spoiler costing millions more, I'm no aerodynamics expert but I think you may seem similar results - now just to test it on the twisties :)

I've been doing a lot of work on my wee motor to reduce intake temps and are a bit wary of posting up pics as I have found there has been a bit of negativity towards anything that is done to take the car away from the norm, these cars were never made to be kept 'original' :P

Need some more pics matey, show off that CF bling :o

Edited by Vimmy

The old iphone doesnt like taking pics in anything but perfect light. Ill try and get some tomorrow. It does seem to adjust the angle of the spoiler part, perhaps itll make a diffewrence, perhaps not.I asked my Mrs what was different about the back of the car and she asked if I had washed it!!

Hehe, now I won't say 'that's women for ya' cos that would be sexist and I'd get a thick ear for my troubles :)

I reckon if the spoiler has now been moved up further into the air-stream, at higher speeds, this should have an effect is it will be hit/seen by the faster flowing air over the boot and hence push down on the spoiler. At lower speeds it may have less of an effect, but its the higher speeds where you want more grip ? Youll have to try it on the twisties between carterton and faringdon, my favourite road :lol: