New Headlights

Yay at last I got me some of them crystal headlights yesterday, finally got them out of the box today. After a bit of head scratching to figure out how to swap over headlamp adjuster motor it appears that the old wormgear drive is not the same as the new headlights :wave: That will teach me to rush into things, the ebay shop description didn't mention that they were manual or motor driven, my fault or assuming.

It's probably a good thing in hindsight, saves my from twiddling the knobs when I'm driving and one less bit of electrics to go wrong and more space to put extra things in its place later on :)

Yay at last I got me some of them crystal headlights yesterday, finally got them out of the box today. After a bit of head scratching to figure out how to swap over headlamp adjuster motor it appears that the old wormgear drive is not the same as the new headlights ;) That will teach me to rush into things, the ebay shop description didn't mention that they were manual or motor driven, my fault or assuming.

It's probably a good thing in hindsight, saves my from twiddling the knobs when I'm driving and one less bit of electrics to go wrong and more space to put extra things in its place later on :)

Speak to Iain, he has done the same mod on his.

Thanks Myles, I'll drop Iain a wee line see what setup he had on his. My original lights had the threaded bar, the new ones have a wider solid bar and must be threaded further into the cluster itself, bit I cant see without taking it apart :)

Thanks Myles, I'll drop Iain a wee line see what setup he had on his. My original lights had the threaded bar, the new ones have a wider solid bar and must be threaded further into the cluster itself, bit I cant see without taking it apart :)

They are easy to take apart mate and the mechanisms can be modified.

Cheers Iain

Ah cool thx BigFootJim, that's a great bit of info, makes sense as the box for the lights said they they were for a -99 to 00 and thought they were for a different model of car :brickwall:

If your up for selling yours I would be up for buying 'em :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Col

Either of you selling your old lights, my drivers side headlight is faulty being held in lign with a cable tie :brickwall:

Andy

Hi Andy, is it just the lens itself or the whole light and motor assembly you're after? If mine will fit yours you can have it mate, my motor is a 98, if it will help you out.

I'm not back until Monday, I'll dig em out and give em a wee clean then.

Cheers,

Col

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Andy, is it just the lens itself or the whole light and motor assembly you're after? If mine will fit yours you can have it mate, my motor is a 98, if it will help you out.

I'm not back until Monday, I'll dig em out and give em a wee clean then.

Cheers,

Col

Sorry Col i have been away most of August sunning myself and so not had much chance to get online

Yeah mine is a 98-99 model

If you still have them ill take the lights from ya, the bit on mine thats broken is the bit the lightbulbs go in and sit in ( it actually tilts high when not tied down) Its only the drivers side i need but ill take both if u want rid of them.

Cheers

Andy

Sorry Col i have been away most of August sunning myself and so not had much chance to get online

Yeah mine is a 98-99 model

If you still have them ill take the lights from ya, the bit on mine thats broken is the bit the lightbulbs go in and sit in ( it actually tilts high when not tied down) Its only the drivers side i need but ill take both if u want rid of them.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy, hope you had a good time away :D I have both units here boxed up, they have been on the car since day one and still have a few wee bugs attached to them. They have the motors attached to the back but can be manually moved if needed.

I was going to try and use the motors off of these to fix my new ones, but I don't fancy taking the new ones apart to attempt it, so I'll have to keep my new ones manual for the moment.

I'm free (John Inman style) most nights, any time after 7pm. Drop me a text when you want to pop around, I'll PM you the number.

Cheers,

Col