Messing About By The River Pt2

Well it seems it's time once again for an Oxon midweek mini meet, particularly as the charity event at Combe clashed on the dates - a worthy sacrifice though!

With the evenings being even lighter than last time, it seems to make sense to make the most of the cracking spot at Lechlade again so:

7:30pm Weds 21st July Riverside Park, Lechlade

Picture2-3.png

Link to map here

As with the last mini meet it'll mean that we're not restricted to members in and around Witney so this is going up in SW as well... will be good to see a good mix of regions! Oh, and I'm working on getting the gates kept open for longer so we can get some pics of the cars parked down by the river - will keep you all posted on that one though.

Matty or I will be bringing a football for a kick about too! :D

For those that didnt come last time, there's a cracking chippie up the road for anyone that fancies fish & chips on the river bank! I've spoken to them and if we want to save the individual trips up there (and the waiting) we can pre order this time - if you could say if you fancy anything in the list below, that would be excellent! I'll get the actual order on the day :)

(Riverside Inn is just over the bridge for anyone who's got a thirst on but I've a feeling that'll be quite busy and it's only got a small car park)

Names below for anyone that fancies it please:

01. Stu (fish & chips)

Edited by stum450n

01. Stu (fish & chips)

02. MattyWRX (fish&chips family bucket for one)

03. Kylie & Co ( fish & chips x3 and a can of fanta please)

04. Myles (fish finger sandwich, one side with salad cream, one side with brown sauce, can of dandelion and burdoch)

Edited by myles
Sorry guys i cant make this one, I have a huge amount of training to get through for my black belt exams starting in August, Mondays and Wednesdays are heavy nights so I'll have to pass on this one :D

No worries Col, there will be other. In fact, I'm off in a sec to take a look at a spot that Kylie tipped me off about :(

Lovely place! REALLY impressed. Not too tucked away but nice an tranquil with it!

Definitely the location of the next mid-week mini meet imho ;)

One of the benefits of me living over 10 years in Oxford - got to know it very well. There are quite a few little places like that around the city, but that one is one of my favourites. Glad you liked it :P

Me to mate, just couldn't help myself!!!!! i reckon this place needs some cheapo laughs at the mo :P

The trout eh, nice place......

Just up from the trout - means we can make a bit more noise and kick a ball that little bit harder! ;)

To confirm though, for this mini-meet, we will still be meeting in Lechlade.

You're not wrong about needing a laugh mate... Week today, not long now... bring on the Dandelion & Burdoch! :lol:

Bit of advanced warning guys, but i dunno if i can make this now ;)

Got car issues and an inevitable big scary bill on the way ( and i dont mean him indoors either :P ) so im saving cash wherever i can.

Sulky Kylie

No worries Kylie, thanks for keeping us posted. Saw the thread on your turbo... that's a bit of crappy luck isn't it! :lol: Hope you can sort it pretty painlessly.

Agreed Stu, great to catch up and loved the fish&chips/jumbo sausage lol!!

Those roads are real nice when clear!!!! ;) ;) I was going to continue towards Eynsham, but needed sleep.....

Looking forward to the next...

Ahhhh, the jumbo sausage hey Matt? Two of you on your own, the conversation rolls along about Subarus, slows down a bit, awkward silences, then the jumbo sausage rears its ugly head........