Beginners Session At Knockhill - Any Interest

A few Lotus owners have been in touch about running a beginners only session as part of the track day on Saturday 10th July from 9am to 1pm.

The proposal is that between 9:20am and 9:50am (after the driver's briefing and warm up groups), that the track will only be open to beginners (first timers, or only done a couple of events). Regulars can sit alongside as passengers, offering advice on lines, reminders to look in mirrors etc but there will also be a Knockhill instructor available to use free of charge throughout the whole event (might have to limit him to 3 or 4 laps at a time so he can get around as many cars as possible).

After about 15 minutes, one or two regulars will go out on track driving at about 80 - 90%, to give the beginners experience of being caught and overtaken etc. With about 5 to 10 minutes to go, another few regulars will go out on track, giving experience of a busier track, and some faster cars etc. We will also recommend that beginners come into the pits at least once during the session, to get used to leaving the track, and joining an open track by using the lights.

After that it will be the usual open pit lane, and everyone can go on track when they like for as long as they like.

If we get around 10 people confirmed (I think there are 5 to 7 Lotus owners already), then it will make this viable.

John

There wouldn't be any extra cost over the normal track day cost, and you can book up in the shop. £115 for SIDC members for the whole event. Cheaper than going out by yourself with 25 laps with an instructor, plus you get an extra 3.5 hours on track as well :)

We've already got a few members lined who are prepared to sit alongside novices for the session, and we already have an instructor booked up. We've also got a few who will go out on track during the session to give you a safe experience of faster cars on track without needing to worry about getting in their way.

All you need to do is let me know you are a novice when sending me your car details, so I can slot you in for the exlcusive 30 minutes, and arrange for a regular to sit alongside you (if needed) and sort out a rota for the instructor during the event as well.

Cheers

John

I have however just noticed that this is next weekend. I thought it was in another month or 2. Sadly i cnat put the money together before then so shall have to look out for the next one. Hope you werent relying on me to make up number (unlikely i know)