2.5 Sti De-cat

Morning all, I recently have acquired an 07 2.5 sti ppp. I had my old magenx system from the turbo back swapped onto the car. It consists of decatted down pipes centre section and back box etc. I have been warned that the dash may light because of the emmission control function on the 2.5. What is the easy solution to stop it lighting up if it detects there is no cat or am i best just forking out for a sports cat? or is it easier to had it and some hard earned cash over to Mr AF for mapping to resolve? can anyone experience share? im a bit wary of the 2.5 as its the first ive had, ive always had 2.0's and they have been bomb proof but have heard alot of chat that the 2.5 are a tad more fragile. I ran the magnex on an 05 wrx ppp and never had any issues nor light come on in the 2 years i had the car. Any feedback welcome. Cheers John

Morning all, I recently have acquired an 07 2.5 sti ppp. I had my old magenx system from the turbo back swapped onto the car. It consists of decatted down pipes centre section and back box etc. I have been warned that the dash may light because of the emmission control function on the 2.5. What is the easy solution to stop it lighting up if it detects there is no cat or am i best just forking out for a sports cat? or is it easier to had it and some hard earned cash over to Mr AF for mapping to resolve? can anyone experience share? im a bit wary of the 2.5 as its the first ive had, ive always had 2.0's and they have been bomb proof but have heard alot of chat that the 2.5 are a tad more fragile. I ran the magnex on an 05 wrx ppp and never had any issues nor light come on in the 2 years i had the car. Any feedback welcome. Cheers John

Ruddy hell you got a black one! I'll be keeping an eye out for that down your neck of the woods...

First of all I wouldn't worry about the 2.5. As far as I'm aware the issues with the 2.5 in the hatch is down to the map - which obviously doesn't affect the Hawkeye. The only 2.5 issues I've heard of in the past were concerning WRXs.

I'm not sure if a full decat will bring the light on - some do and some don't. The actual ECU emission monitoring is the same as the Blobeye so I don't think it's a new fangled system that you need to worry about.

The main issue is that if you fit a full decat then you should have it mapped anyway - and as you are negating the PPP by fitting the decat, then you might as well. I would recommend making sure you have the exhaust you want fitted, then fit a decent panel filter and remove the resonator, do any other little bits that you feel like and get it mapped by AF. It's perhaps a bit of cash to spend just now but once it's done I think you'll be happy with the results for some time to come..

Awesome car by the way..

Cheers,

Mark