Mite Have To Sell The Scooby :(

the situation im in is a very sticky one.

we want to move to swindon but i want to keep my current job in abingdon and with my heavy foot(even driving normal the extra distance will cost more) fuel cost a mth would double and we would never be able to afford it.

plus my wife needs to pass her test and if i add her to my insurnace it goes up loads to much for me to pay every mth for her to be on it.

so it looks if i move to swindon im going to have to sell the scooby till i get transfured to the swindon store and jade passes her test then i can buy a turbo!!.

i would buy another car for her to learn in and me to commute but with moving house etc i cant afford it.

so there is a plus point in all this but its gonna be a while b4 i get another scooby.

hmmm

so next car is going to be probs a golf mk4 tdi or a 1.6 not sure but thats wot ive got in mind if i have to sell.

any words of wisdom for you girls and guys?

were looking at the priory vale (new build area) right next door to the wallmart.

weve been told the good and bad parts and this the best area by far.

we wouldnt want to live in a **** hole or somewere with a high crime rate.

at the mo were having to put up with next door to pissheads/druggys and a pub a few hundred yards away with the garentie of police there every fri, sat and sunday nite, plus the court is round the corner and the police station so all the pissed off people come out and stop outsid our house as its just out of view from the station.

its **** were we are now

and dont get me started on the house christ its bad!

lol just a few reason why we want to move to the NICE area of swindon.

the situation im in is a very sticky one.

we want to move to swindon but i want to keep my current job in abingdon and with my heavy foot(even driving normal the extra distance will cost more) fuel cost a mth would double and we would never be able to afford it.

plus my wife needs to pass her test and if i add her to my insurnace it goes up loads to much for me to pay every mth for her to be on it.

so it looks if i move to swindon im going to have to sell the scooby till i get transfured to the swindon store and jade passes her test then i can buy a turbo!!.

i would buy another car for her to learn in and me to commute but with moving house etc i cant afford it.

so there is a plus point in all this but its gonna be a while b4 i get another scooby.

hmmm

so next car is going to be probs a golf mk4 tdi or a 1.6 not sure but thats wot ive got in mind if i have to sell.

any words of wisdom for you girls and guys?

You thought about getting a mk3 golf tdi for a couple of hundred quid and SORNing the scoob for a bit? Even when your Mrs passes her test, insurance on a turbo scoob will be astronomical, even as a named driver.

I average 65 miles a day (45 of that is just to and from work) and it's the sole reason I still have the GX as opposed to a turbo scoob but I recently bought (and sold on) a mk4 golf tdi and although scruffy at first, it just kept going and going and going... when I got it, I paid for it, taxed it, MOTd it and insured it all for under £500. Did some work on it (mainly cosmetic) whilst I owned it and when it sold, I still turned a profit! Can't beat free motoring :lol:

any how advice about car situation is what i was looking for lol :lol:

I have a 1.6 Mondy on a L Plate............rather battered etc but is still o goer if you are interested............saves you getting rid of the Scoob

averages 35 plus to the gallon still

I have a 1.6 Mondy on a L Plate............rather battered etc but is still o goer if you are interested............saves you getting rid of the Scoob

averages 35 plus to the gallon still

lol if its going free then that would be great but i cant afford to buy another car mate.

were looking at the priory vale (new build area) right next door to the wallmart.

weve been told the good and bad parts and this the best area by far.

we wouldnt want to live in a **** hole or somewere with a high crime rate.

at the mo were having to put up with next door to pissheads/druggys and a pub a few hundred yards away with the garentie of police there every fri, sat and sunday nite, plus the court is round the corner and the police station so all the pissed off people come out and stop outsid our house as its just out of view from the station.

its **** were we are now

and dont get me started on the house christ its bad!

lol just a few reason why we want to move to the NICE area of swindon.

id rethink about a move to priory vale, poorly build houses small gardens.

a friend moved their and regretted and put the house up for sale,added to this theirs been a rise a car crime lately as its only minutes from penhills the valley things happen when it gets dark.

id rethink about a move to priory vale, poorly build houses small gardens.

a friend moved their and regretted and put the house up for sale,added to this theirs been a rise a car crime lately as its only minutes from penhills the valley things happen when it gets dark.

That's the thing with a lot of these new estates as they get built on cheap land, generally just outside the postcode of a rougher area and with a large provision for social housing. The houses get bought cheap and when everyone moves in, parks their shiny new cars on their drives that end up being stolen (because of the proximity to rougher areas with less desirable cars to steal), they're surprised, end up moving out and the area goes into decline. Happens everywhere.

It's not quite that black and white but you get the idea anyway :lol:

That's the thing with a lot of these new estates as they get built on cheap land, generally just outside the postcode of a rougher area and with a large provision for social housing. The houses get bought cheap and when everyone moves in, parks their shiny new cars on their drives that end up being stolen (because of the proximity to rougher areas with less desirable cars to steal), they're surprised, end up moving out and the area goes into decline. Happens everywhere.

It's not quite that black and white but you get the idea anyway :lol:

Agree on the housing front there's a new Estate near us just like that Shoddy build's a ton of social housing chucked in amongst the private houses & then a ton of Chav's imported from places like Reading in order reduce Reading's crime figures (Just Stuffs Eveyone else)

Anyway back to the car front

What do you actually get Mpg wise on the scoob ? compare this to what you'd realistically get with a runaround.

My commute to the office is 70mls each way & I return about 35mpg as long as I don't hoof it all of the time, that's doing between 65-85 on the Motorway (when not parked on the M25 :lol: ) & a lot of stop start stuff.

I live in Thatcham (Berks) & my office is Bounds Green (Nth London), although I'm in Milton Keynes on a regular basis as well.

Do the sums carefully before you take the plunge is my advice.

I know for sure I'd not be Happy in a little runabout & it wouldn't last long because I'd be revving the nuts off it all the time to get anywhere.

Obviously others on here may think differently but it works for me.

ive had a sleep on it now, we might still be moving were not sure but after my wages came through i cant finacaly keep my car now, im not happy but if anyone is intrested than please get in touch.

i couldnt even afford to go look at the house today well annoyed now.

but its 100% up for sale.