Herts Owners?

Welcome to SIDC

I'm from hertfordshire mate, where in herts are ya?

I'm looking forward to going to one of the bedfordshire meets Rach, do you know when the next one is.

Usually they were held every month, but due to dwindling numbers I decided to scale them back to bi-monthly so the next one will be in June, HOWEVER when numbers start to pick up again I'm more than happy to hold them monthly again. :hello:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm in Letchworth.

Haven't seen to many scoobs apart from today where i saw 3 of them all black same as mine

I drive to watford each day to get to work, i go round the back of hitchin and into luton to get the M1, I see at least 3 every morning, A red hawkeye, a blue blobeye wagon, and a rb5.

I'm right on the border of Hertfordshire. Not far from the A505 to Hitchin. Wigmore in Luton.

Was in Letchworth last friday in my scoob, Saw a Blue Hawk STi near Morrisons :D I'll prob be back that way this coming Friday to as i'll be visiting Norton Way Honda to mooch round a CTR Mugen :thumbup: ( i won't be buying though, been invited by one of the sales guys who i've known for years, he used to have a scoob too :P )

Edited by Ace
Well mine will be around Baldock as i need to take it into Quenbys to investigate some strange noises from the rear end suspension area. So if you see a black WRX hawk it might well be me ;)

Are they knocking then? Think all the newages have had a bout of that :thumbup:

I only found out last week that Quenby's was still trading and servicing scoobs :D I originally bought my very first WRX from there, but got my current from Slipend. I was under the impression Quenby's has ceased trading. But then i bumped into Paul Colton, do you know him? Nice bloke, used to work at Quenby's but now works at Gates Ford, which was where i saw him and he told me about Quenby's still doing scoobs :P

Wouldn't call it a knocking noise although i had heard about that symptom and i didn't really want to get it as i don't really want. Apparently it happens alot on the STI models.

Yeah they been doing scoobys for ages since about the late 80's but they have stopped trading in them, they get the odd one second hand but they mainly do the servicing which is good for me as they got a good reputation. Don't know Paul Colton i'm afraid. I've got to get the cambelt down on mine when it hits 50k which will cost me about £250 so looking forward to that one.

I'll have to keep an eye out for you then Mr Windscreen. If i'm free next week and the weather improves we 3 can always meet up at a pub somewhere if you fancy it?

Wouldn't call it a knocking noise although i had heard about that symptom and i didn't really want to get it as i don't really want. Apparently it happens alot on the STI models.

Yeah they been doing scoobys for ages since about the late 80's but they have stopped trading in them, they get the odd one second hand but they mainly do the servicing which is good for me as they got a good reputation. Don't know Paul Colton i'm afraid. I've got to get the cambelt down on mine when it hits 50k which will cost me about £250 so looking forward to that one.

I'll have to keep an eye out for you then Mr Windscreen. If i'm free next week and the weather improves we 3 can always meet up at a pub somewhere if you fancy it?

Yeah STi suffer quite bad with it, but the WRX can get it as well. Subaru have been replacing them under warranty with a bit of a push :lol:

Paul used to work there back in 2003 when i brought my first one. Had that and my second one serviced there each year until i sold up and got Vauxhall's ( iwork for Vauxhall and get company cars). When i came to buy the STi Quenbys didn't do them anymore :lol: But i hear they now get scoobs from a new supplier in Bristol or something. I'm glad to have a choice of dealer near to me again :lol:

A mini meet? Might be able to do it, depends when :lol:

Mr Windscreen, get a piccy up :lol:

I need to sort out my SIDC membership then i can put some pics of my hawkeye up after i've cleaned it as well.

Any days that you can't do?

2005_0101scoobwedding0198.jpg

MOT runs out Sat, not got a day off till weds & thurs next week so one morning will be used getting that sorted. I think a meet would be good, maybe get a few more herts owners interested?

Edited by Mr Windscreen

Nice looking motor there dude.

Well just got back from Quenbys and the whining noise i have is defo the front diff so i now need to source some OPIE lubes and get the transmission oil changed to see if that helps. The weird noise from the rear they couldn't quite tell what it was so will have to let them take the rear brakes off later in the year for more investigation. Got to be said the guys at Quenbys are really good and very helpful.

I'm unaware of anymore herts owners but if we can find some that would be good.

I need to sort out my SIDC membership then i can put some pics of my hawkeye up after i've cleaned it as well.

Any days that you can't do?

You can host images through photobucket without being a full member fella.

I'm usually free Friday afternoons for a mini meet if anyone else is, though that can sometimes change at the drop of a hat with work :lol:

2005_0101scoobwedding0198.jpg

Thats a very nice Blob eye mate :lol: I once used my old WRX dolled up like that for a wedding, i was first to the bar for the reception :lol: :lol:

Well just got back from Quenbys and the whining noise i have is defo the front diff so i now need to source some OPIE lubes and get the transmission oil changed to see if that helps. The weird noise from the rear they couldn't quite tell what it was so will have to let them take the rear brakes off later in the year for more investigation. Got to be said the guys at Quenbys are really good and very helpful.

I won't spot you later then, not heading out for a while yet! Though i do need to stretch the scoobs legs this weekend :lol: