Which Is The Better Car And For What Reasons?

My wife has been nagging for a while now about getting a sensible "family car" as the future plans are for kids......... ;) but my better half knows i will not part with my blobeye and i definately not part with the series mcrae :P she knows me well!!!!!! we will be parting with her fiesta zetec sport.We have been looking at audi a4 s-lines saloons and estates and recently 5 series bmw's eg the 520d's etc.has anyone had any of these models or in your opinion which are the better cars not really sure myself as i quite like them all..........i didnt win the scooby's got 4 doors family saloon and a boot argument!!!!

John if it was me I'd take the Audi.

But then again I'd take a Freelander 2 over both of them.. and possibly will in the future.

An option? :P

I the range rovers........brother in law has a very nice dolphin grey sport withe plenty of overfinch detailing, its a bit of a beast of a thing but its well nice and would do the job. is that a wee sign from you the scoob may be goin??? ;) or is a fl2 an addition as you'll keep the scoob for the weekends?? :o

I the range rovers........brother in law has a very nice dolphin grey sport withe plenty of overfinch detailing, its a bit of a beast of a thing but its well nice and would do the job. is that a wee sign from you the scoob may be goin??? :P or is a fl2 an addition as you'll keep the scoob for the weekends?? :(

The Scooby is already gone mate!!! Went about 5 weeks ago! Was advertised in for sale section on here. I tried to PM you a link at the time in case you were interested but your inbox was full, just assumed you had seen it!

So I don't have a flat-4 in my life at all just now! Plan is to get myself a classic (Type-R or STI RA probably) in a little while (depending how long I can hang off for) but that will just be a bit of a toy. I've got myself a belter of a VW Transporter van which I'm currently having converted into a bit of a half-camper, half surfing/biking machine.. That's the daily runner now! Probably aim for another Scooby within the next year anyway.

Once I need a 'family car' though I reckon a Freelander 2 would do the job. She's not keen on Range Rovers so it would be a compromise..

Course I'll need to win the lottery first..... :o

Take it you're still rocking the '2-scoob' look then? ;)