Brake Disk Groove Question

Hi

Bought 8 pot K sport a few months on the scoobynet group buy. fitted the discs on either side matching the stickers on the discs for rotation, with the grooves going from the bell towards the front bumper. This matches various pictures on scoobynet which guys have posted to show their kits fitted.

Today i've fitted rear grooved discs and pads from godspeed and the grooves run the opposite way to the k-sports discs. The groves run from the centre towards the boot, fitted them according to the markings on the discs

Any reason for this or is it down to manufacturers choice.

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Groove direction is irrelevant and indeed manufacturers preference i suppose, its the vane direction

that is important and should be swept towards the rear

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Groove direction is irrelevant and indeed manufacturers preference i suppose, its the vane direction

that is important and should be swept towards the rear

Yeah :thumbup: when the car is actually moving the centrifugal force [slight if any] will expel the brake dust 'outwards' and away from the centre of the hub/disc rota

Hi Steve

I very recently fitted my K-Sport 8 pots and found that the grooves go against the norm. As said before it depends on manufacturer but it does look a bit odd when front disk's are going one way and the rear's going the other :thumbup:

Just remember when your are going quickly no-one can see them :)

Graeme