Help Flat Battery

working on car saturday and today fitting new turbo and other bits

went to start the car flat battery so jump started it ok............... then went for and drive for half hour switched it off and was dead agian

anyone have any ideas

had the same probs with mine off road for 7 days having calipers recond put it all back together battery jumped it took it for a run still flat so bit the bullit and bought a new one no probs now if your battery is older than 5 years buy a new one cheers .billy

think that might be it alarm is now going off and cant do anything

car is an 05

will get a new battery tomorrow

cheers billyboystoys :)

If you have access to a meter check the voltage before you try and start it, probably be sitting around 12v. Then check it again once its running to ensure you have around 14v, that will prove the alternator is working. If you have 14v while running your battery is not holding a charge.

If your alt is working it might be worth trying your battery on a trickle charge as if its very low your car prob wont charge it and just put enough power in for the car to run. Check the fluid too if ya can get in to the battery.

To be fair I had to have my battery replaced under warranty, 55 WRX, for the same issue not holding a charge.

Edited by Arch