Sorted Classic For Someone

I notice the claimed owner has read/is reading this, any response? :lol:

Yes,

I am here and just read this. I'm not one to start a slanging match so just want to say the car is here for anyone to inspect and make their own decision. It is 13 years old and not perfect, but damn good. It has been my pride and joy for the last year and a half.

I have however, had the car checked over by 2 subaru mechanics as I wished to prove to myself the engine was sound. In the small clear bottle with yellow cap next to the battery there is a greeny white residue under the cap. Both technicians who saw this alleviated any concerns over head gasket failure by pointing out that it is in fact crystallised anti-freeze(subaru anti-freeze is bright green). It is common amongst cars which are used seldomly and caused by evaporated coolant/moisture condensing in this small overflow bottle. The car uses absolutely no water. Piston slap could not be detected by either inspection(both independent of each other)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I admit I was unable to run the gentleman back to Glasgow Airport (45mins) and perhaps being decamped at an unfamiliar train station is not a great end to a long day. I am a Subaru enthusiast and feel that is incumbent that forums like this are used to share information.

Everyone's standards and expectations vary, my car has nothing to hide and if it doesn't sell I will keep it as I enjoy being part of the subaru community.

Many thanks

hi guys i have posted over on scoobynet also to try and balance this guys rediculous claims, as iam sure you are all aware there are always two sides to every story!!

i have seen this vehicle in the flesh and remember the owner being good enough to give me a really good look at the car( really nice guy too i must add ).

i have had a whole load of subarus and was in absolute awe of how good the car was inside and out, it to me honestly looked worthy of and show-or showroom for that matter.

i would honestly say if anyone is in the market for this kind of vehicle then go and have a look and make up your own mind, and bear the guys comments in mind and see if you can find these " faults" !

to me having seen the car, met the owner and reading this guys post on scoobynet is seems very much a case of sour grapes.

make up your own mind guys, and obviously this is only my personal opinion but im sure anyone on here who is looking for a vehicle like this will know exactly what to look for?

Where is the ad, as the link doesn't appear to work... From what the guy is saying that car is a real dog, but surely you would be able to see that in the pictures... I know that some can be very up themselves and it bothers me sometimes, yes its good to be fussy, there's nothing wrong in that, but you really need to balance it...