Crn Products

Hi Guys, if you were after some pads and discs I'd take a wee look at CRN Products

I got a set of 294mm / Vented / 88 groove discs with a silver zinc coating for the centres and a set of EBC red stuff DP31200C ceramic pads with P+P all for £165. The pads retail around the £100 mark a set, the cheapest TarOX disc with 88 grooves are around the £200 quid mark.

CRN make their own discs, and can be made to pretty much any configuration you want (within reason) I've had 40 grooves on the last rear and front sets and they have lasted a damn good while now, the yellow stuff (front) pads are now down to the metal B) . Its time to retire the 'lil two pots and put the 4pots on, not huge but bigger than whats on there now :D so its time to fit my bigger calipers, discs and pads. The braided hoses are in place and all that left is to fit the master cylinder bracket to finally give me some decent stopping power :lol:

Got a spare set of 2 pots now - i wonder if they can be converted to fit the rears.

Anyhoo I'll stop rambling now,

Cheers,

Col

• 2 weeks later...

Well hope they have got better? Used them last year and took 2 months to get my discs and pads. Kept promising me "you will get them this week" but I got that everytime I phoned. Then when they did finally arrive they sent pads for a forester and was offered a refund which I never got and got sick of phoning so gave up. On a good note the discs are very good quality and a year later are still looking new with the zinc coating.

I've not had any problems so far,had two set of discs off them, lasted well and so did the zinc coating, however my last set have been delayed as they bit they used to make the smaller grooves in the disc face was broken - I'll give them the benefit of doubt and wait 'til friday and see what happens :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I used to photoshop to blow them up, really they're only 10cm brakes for me pushbike B)

I checked other g00gle based shopping sites and these are similar to the Tarox G88 discs that retail at around the £195+ price bracket. The last lot I got from CRN lasted ages, the pads are all but worn and the grooves on the existing discs are still there. I envisage a good bit of brake noise when I fit these :) but it has to be better then the current scraping noise I have now :thumbup:

Fitted my new calipers, brake disks and pads today, only meant to take an hour or two but it ended up taking a good few hours in the midday sun. My old disks were originally grooved and when I removed them I found one side was as smooth as a baby's bum, the pads were kind of down to the metal too :thumbup: which explains the loud scraping noise whenever i drove, I was sure it was a car behind me making that racket :)

After fitting they seem to work really well, I'm not sure if I should do the long and slow route to bed them in or a few blasts down a quiet road braking and accelerating to bed them in quick.

I took some photos at the time to remind me not to leave them so long the next time, I can put them up if anyone wants to see?

Cheers,

Col

• 1 year later...

Warning to all of the US based and UK car Owners. I recently reached out to CRNPerformance (they are on Ebay and Online) and got ripped off on the purchase of all 4 new Rotors. Long story short, I got the shipment after a small delay, it only had two rotors, I sent pictures, Olly said he would send the rest. Long delay no shipment, and I sent more pictures because it was one front rotor and one rear rotor. He said he would fix. THis has been going back and forth for 2 months now. Filed all the appropriate complaints etc. I wanted to reach out to everyone and let you know. Do not do business with this place. Olly and the rest of CRN Performance (also goes by CRNproducts) are a bunch of crooks! Do not buy anything from these guys. I even told Olly that I would let everyone know about the poor customer service from his business and he did not care nor do anything about it to resolve the issue.

Sorry to hear of the issues you have had, sounds like the problems I had initially have now gotten worse after a year of getting mine.

Did you pay by caed and if so you should have some protection from the banks?