Local Valeting

As I've been driving the Golf to work to keep the miles on the scoob down, she's been used for the school run and now she needs in need of a little tlc! :lol:

As I don't have a spare weekend between now and PCAD/Abingdon, I was wondering if any of you could recommend a local(ish) valeting company? The Mrs has offered to get the scoob a full valet for my Birthday

Had a look around Google etc but they either seem clueless or wanting to do waterless cleaning and that's NOT happening! ;)

Thanks in advance guys!

Cheers,

Stu

Sorry Stu, being a tight fisted git I do it (try anyway) myself ;) although one of the guys I work with had his car done at the petrol station /carwash & valet complex at the Asda Walmart in sunny north Swindon, he was very happy with a full valet, but he does drive an Alfa tho' so I guess he cant be too choosy :lol:

The car was spotless afterwards though, the girl doing it took a good 90 minutes on the job. I don't know how long a valet takes elsewhere to compare it against tho'.

Cheers,

Col.

Cheers Col mate :P

I usually prefer to do it myself (don't really trust anyone else) but with time being as it is, I would rather she got a full valet from someone recommended than a quick squirt down at the jet wash! :lol:

Might sound really bad but the idea of going to a garage/car wash for a 'valet' just fills me full of dread... I've seen them cleaning the cars at Heyford Hill in the past... drop the sponge, pick it up and just carry on regardless, stones n'all!!!! ;):lol::P

if you don't mind the drive over i'd be happy to do it for you B) you have to make tea though :P

Like I said on PM, cheers Rick! B)

Will speak to you on Sunday but I'm thinking it may actually take longer coming up to see you (and making tea :lol: ) than it would to just get off my a*** and do it myself... The Werkstatt kit could do with some use anyway... all six coats of it! :lol:

Hi Matty, thanks for asking :lol:

First Auto Rae chems snow foam,

Then wash with Bilt Hamber auto wash (2BM),

Then use a Bilt Hamber Claybar with either CG detailer or Megs detailer,

Then either Bilt hamber auto balm or megs stage 1 paint cleaner,

Then CG Race Glaze

Finsh with a wax of choice either Collinte 476 or Petes 53

Any good to you?

I have a kestral DAS polisher which is a random orbital i'd be well up for a mass car cleaning session, the only problem would be the venue! i can only fit 2 cars on my drive otherwise i'd happily volunteer :lol:

Sounds like a plan guys! Sure I could sort a venue :lol: