Decat Up Pipe

just getting the parts together for an andy f remap level 2 for the 2005 wrx

but what is everyones thoughts on decatting the up pipe is it

is there a good power gain

is it worth keeping in to help with the mot as i am decatting from the turbo back

thanks maxy

I believe you should decat because if it's got a cat in it, it's being more restrictive

than if there wasn't one.

Also, I think I've read something about the chance that the cat could break up and

you'll have bits going into your turbo....not good.

I think you can pick up cheapish STI ones that are decatted IIRC.

I got one from Meercat. £90 slip joint number. Basically a two piece, not connected (welded etc) but

once it warms up, a tight seal is formed.......or something a bit more technical than that!!! :)

I removed all 3 cats and fitted a prodrive sports cat downpipe and passes mot no problem. The uppipe cat is restrictive and does affect spool. Fit a standard new age STI uppipe which has no cat or a classic standard uppipe without cat they are all the same. You will have to fit a 2.2K ohm resistor across the uppipe EGT sensor plug to remove the cel.

Edited by Arch

As others have said, would agree with comments, yes to getting it done for power and reassurance.

Think I have at moment what you're about to do, I've a 2004 WRX with decat everything with exception of sportscat downpipe (can't be bothered with hassle come MOT time). My uppipe came from Harvey & wrapped, but STi ones are also fine. I have about 280bhp.