Impressive Clutch Life

Having recently sold my MY03 WRX ('PPP like' spec) I had since new I thought I'd post an end of term report on the impressive clutch life I got. In short I covered 108,000 miles and the clutch was still fine with no slip :-o

The clutch bite was quite high up so I don't think it would have lasted much longer.

I'm no Sunday driver however know how to treat Scooby's (most of the time). For me a clutch lasting that long on these types of cars is outstanding. I expect my 90 mile daily commute helped with half the duration getting out of town the other half on the motorways. In contrast though, the same trip using my MY00 Classic (also had from new for three years) covered 60,000 ish miles before I sold that as the clutch was just showing signs of wear.

I wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience with very good clutch life?

Out of interest are the clutches between MY00 and MY03 WRX's much different?

--Steve.

Out of interest are the clutches between MY00 and MY03 WRX's much different?

Steve

Some of the early MY99/00 classic UK had twin plate clutches as std but IIRC the MY02 WRX 5speed Clutch is the same as the Classic STi Clutch :rolleyes:

I wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience with very good clutch life?

I think i got 155,000 of each my two clutches, that was of course yards and not miles :D

Tony

Edited by T5NYW