New Guy From Shetland Isles!

Hi every1, I'm Ryan Arthur, from Out Skerries in Shetland. Just joined this week, and like what I see so far!

I'm on a rock in the middle of the sea with about 1 mile of road to play with, I drive my second GC8 WRX, both are imports, bought the second as a rolling shell and transplanted most of the first one into it myself.

Its got a Tommy Kaira bumper (was on the first WRX when it came across from japan), which has been crash damaged and repaired twice now. First time by a previous owner, second time by me. And yes - before you say it - I did hit a sheep with it... Dont read anything into that. I dont do that kinda thing ;D

Its also got a front-mount intercooler, 4-pot front brakes, ratty old 17" alloys (I have new ones, just not on yet :D) GTR-style spoiler, Tein coilovers, HKS exhaust (but put smaller tailpipe on it while it was the sole family car (got a Passat now so the 4" is going back on) I put a towbar on it - see family car comment ;) - its got an HKS SSQV2 and turbo timer, Blitz boost gauge and ESBC controller, Trust air intake (with parts from K&N). Binned a cheapo fuel pressure regulator after massive big-end failure which I havent found another cause for yet.. Other gauges include fuel-air ratio and oil temp and pressure. Someone stole my oil catch tank so thats not on yet.. Uprated the fuel pump. Its running a Z4 ECU but I have a 'remapped' Mines one too. Whiteline strut brace up front and a derestricted exhaust header kit (unequal length of course!) which I havent installed to this engine yet. Speaking of which - its a closed-deck STi engine but at the moment, its completely stock internally. Clutch is Exedy stage 1 organic, but I'm a little scared to be too brutal with it. Just cant afford anything better yet. Most of the coolant hoses are Samco, or another silicone hose manufacturer.

There's probably more but i cant really remember it all offhand.

I've stripped a UK turbo and most of my first WRX (anyone (The SIDC Muppet-O-Tron has corrected your lazy use of the English language. Please use English and not text talk on these Forums) want D2 coilovers??) so I have a massive pile of spares. I tend to gather any impreza parts I can find between Ebay and my mates. Utterly love the Imprezas. I find them miles easier and cheaper to work on than Evos.

I've also collected tons of workshop manuals for all the Imprezas except for the new hatchback, some parts manuals or tuning guides etc. All stored on my rapidshare account. Check out http://www.bebo.com/rallyslags - all the links to my manuals are under the photo albums. Some are crap, some are invaluable, have a look anyways..

16mfz6.jpg

igx2qd.jpg

20r4oz4.jpg

Its messy, but that engine is dead now...

r1lwna.jpg

295bbqx.jpg

Home made gauge pod :P

2hz0bc9.jpg

Towing a copule of tons of trailer on to an inter-island ferry :P

If you're still here reading, congratulations, I cant normally hold anyone to a Subaru related conversation this long B)

Best wishes for 2010.

Ryan Arthur

Edited by kairawrx