What Power Should Me Beast Have?

its a my98 uk turbo on a private plate (m++ tsb)

its had a full engine rebuild using sti parts (pistons etc...)

its got a full stainless with decat...still running cat behind turbo..other than that she's got a bailey dumpvalve.

the guy i got it from said its running bout 240bhp but am just wondering whether thats true or not...i know that at the moment its overboosting (kangaroos like **** when coming on boost 3rd an 4th gear) but as i know feck all about scoobie turbo's am just wondering how to tell whether this is accurate or not....

anyone close to me (blantyre) who wouldn't mind coming round to mine and giving her a look over??? in exchange for cuppa??....

cheers lads :huh:

CLASSICS RULE ..... LOL

Edited by Jon B

Get it to me at Xscape@Braehead and I'll have a look over it, I stay on the Clyde there. From what your saying I reckon 220-230ish with a good engine although the rebuild with STi parts and then no other upgrades stumps me a bit, unless whoever had it built ran out of funds/motivation. Once I removed the cat I noticed a significant difference in torque and noise.

Your hesitation in 3rd and 4th could arise from the Dump Valve mate, possibly has the wrong spring in there. Try and get hold of a standard re-circ first before having the turbo looked at. Also have a check that the MAF is fully functional (open cone air filter can ruin these).

Anyways drop me a message

Edited by StewartyBoy

gonna try make the hillington meet...work depending :huh:

she's running standard airbox/filter......

have noticed that she dumps pressure from 2000 rpm an upwards.....dunno whether that means anythin...

ave heard that bailey valves are poor was thinkin forge valve?? anyone else run them???

i don't suspect the turbo cos if giving it beans from standard start all is fine its only when cruisin in low revs then flooring it she give the fluttering feeling

also have knocklink fitted which doesn't appear to be workin??

Edited by Jon B

You would know if it was overboost as it instantly takes all power away from you whilst under hard acceleration so you almost get the feeling that you have just hit something and it can engage the inertia reel on your seatbelt if you are not expecting it.

Kangarooing or surging whilst building boost sounds like it could have a wastegate creep issue perhaps due to a dirty solenoid or a boost control pipe/restrictor pill issue.

A few pics of your boost control system would help from the turbo to the drivers side wing.

Cheers Iain