Car Is Frozen Solid Help?

Well me being the genious I am decided not to put anti freeze in my car last time I had the radiator off :D

It is now pretty frozen.

The pipes for the heater matrix are solid ice. The header tank had a bit of ice but is not frozen solid.

I started the car and it ran for about 5 min and then made a strange noise and nearly cut and the cooling fans came on even though the cars temp needle had not even moved. CEL also came on

When I turned the car off and on again CEL had cleared :D

Im a tad worried the water pump may have broken or made the timing skip a tooth.

Although the car runs fine and doesn't make any funny noises.

What should I do? Just let the car thaw out whenever that is and learn to put anti freeze in next time?

Any other hand tricks?

Was going to go shopping but can't now suppose I better go to the pub :D

If it broke the water pump or skipped any teeth it will have done it on start up not 5 mins later. You need to let it thaw whatever you do but if you can be bother you could take the timing covers off and see if everything still lines up. Taking the filler cap off with the engine running should show if the pump is still working, after it's thawed of course.

For what it's worth you should have antifreeze in the car even in the summer as it stops the water corroding the elloy block and heads.

If it broke the water pump or skipped any teeth it will have done it on start up not 5 mins later. You need to let it thaw whatever you do but if you can be bother you could take the timing covers off and see if everything still lines up. Taking the filler cap off with the engine running should show if the pump is still working, after it's thawed of course.

For what it's worth you should have antifreeze in the car even in the summer as it stops the water corroding the elloy block and heads.

Will be getting anti-freeze put in asap.

Just started the car again and the water pump is working. Have to go a wee trip down the road will see how I get on.