Old Insurance Company Demanding Money?

Try contacting the debt collector and explaining why you think its an unjust action. I had great joy when NTL tried to get some money off me a few years ago. They claimed I owed them for internet access that I'd cancelled - and that they'd not billed me for in 12 months. Every time I wrote to them I got the same cut and paste letter back, even asking specifically for them to address my issues and not send the same letter back.

Once the debt collection letter came in I phoned that company up, told the guy what NTL were up to with the correspondence etc. and he immediately cancelled it all and apologised.

Talk talk tried to do this to me. They explained they would send me a final bill when i stoped my landline contract with them and that i could stop the direct debit, they never did. First thing i got was a letter stating i owed them £18 something, £5 something as my final bill and £13 because they couldnt get the money as i had cancelled my direct debit.

I explained i wasnt paying them anything till i received my final bill, i would then give them the £5 something. This went on for months with them sending out letters left right and centre, but never a bill for £5 something even though they said they had, and i checked with my old address, they had not recieved anything.

Got the letters from debt collectors saying they would take me to court. I personnely just ignored them and called talk talk each time, got to the stage where i told them i was going to seek legal advice on them harrassing me. Surprise surprise i got a phone call back from a customer service manager and in 2 days a bill for £5 what ever.

If you are in the right dont let them have any more money than they are due, this sort of thing from company's winds me up, as you can probably tell! :thumbup: