Santa Cruise - Thank You

Can’t believe Santa Cruise has come and gone already.

Ally-b started the ball rolling this year in October but unfortunately had to stand down as R.O., which threw me in at the deep end taking over the position. Thankfully the Glasgow/Strathclyde members true to form pulled out all the stops to help.

Last year saw a smaller scale Santa Cruise with the McRae Gathering being the main charity event, so everyone seemed eager to make this years event a major part of the SIDC calendar again.

Ally was great help letting me know who needed to contact and what needed done. Fraser (Scoobysailor) contacted and liaised with the police and hospital, Imy (Micra-WRC) sorted the raffle tickets and Ed (Ed-209) made the stickers. Karps contacted Asda and volunteered to be our other Santa.

Peter (FAI17) our favourite Chinese restaurant owner did us proud as usual and not only hosted our charity meal but contacted loads Subaru tuners and dealers to get some amazing prizes.

Two of the prizes were so good we auctioned them of and a big thanks to Racedynamix and Andy Forrest Performance.

I’d like to thank everyone that made and collected donations, especially Mark at Lateral Performance. All the members who bought tickets, stickers, donated to the raffle and joined in the great night at Peter’s.

To all our shoppers on both trips and Terzo Neil for sorting the storage.

The run was an amazing sight with 21 cars all decorated (even if some refused) showering the M80 and M8 with tinsel, then shaking the buildings with the noise as we convoyed round George Square on our way to Yorkhill.

The hospital were so grateful for the present as this year has see a real shortage of donations and although they know SIDC and the bikers have their runs they didn’t know how many presents we would be delivering, or whether there would be enough for all the children.

So how much did we raise?…………………………….. £3,796. Presents ranged from DVD’s to games consoles and an LCD TV. The children I had the pleasure of deliver gifts to were overjoyed, which really made it all worth while.

Thanks to my two elves for coming to deliver the presents, funniest thing of the day was the looks they got in Asda as they shopped for tinsel.

All that left to do is a few thank you and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Santa :rotfl: Ho-Ho-Ho

The companies that donated.

Racedynamix (Dynamix)

Andy Forrest Performace (AndyF)

S&S (Subaru dealer)

Hypertech

Greersport

Meercat

Roger Clark Motorsport

AS Performance

Harvey Smith

Pennine Subaru