Bc Coilovers

Ritchie I started off at 12 rear / 15 front which I found great if your heading up north on better roads the car drives like it's on rails.

But for the dirt tracks they call roads in the central belt I'm wound right back to 10 / 12

I've even went as soft as 8 / 10 for the roads around Bonnybridge

Where are you getting them fitted & set up?

Ritchie I started off at 12 rear / 15 front which I found great if your heading up north on better roads the car drives like it's on rails.

But for the dirt tracks they call roads in the central belt I'm wound right back to 10 / 12

Getting them fitted and set up at Greers. They've done all my work and I'm happy to use them.

With them being about 1/2 mile from my house, it also makes them very handy :thumbup:

Cheers Bobby.

Thought I might start on 10/12.

Will have them done by the time of the central meet anyway :thumbup:

Don't think it's complete until you have.....front rear droplinks/front/rear/both arbs/alk....and how about the roll centre adjustment/bump steer kit while you're there? :D

Car is an MY02 STI and I'm told uprated front ARB and droplinks aren't necessary. I've already replaced the rear ARB and drop links with Whiteline items. Wasn't planning on roll centre adjustment because I'm aiming to keep close to the standard ride height.

One ALK on order then.... :D

Look forward to comparing notes next week!

Cheers, Mark

Edited by Dark
Car is an MY02 STI and I'm told uprated front ARB and droplinks aren't necessary. I've already replaced the rear ARB and drop links with Whiteline items. Wasn't planning on roll centre adjustment because I'm aiming to keep close to the standard ride height.

One ALK on order then.... :D

Look forward to comparing notes next week!

Cheers, Mark

There seems to be a couple of views on the arbs. I've had both fitted but others will say that you only need to

fitted an uprated rear and keep the front as standard.

So you just after the coilovers for the dampers? I'll probably only drop the car by another 10mm I think (another 10mm from where my Eibach springs are at the moment)

Edited by Richie Cross
So you just after the coilovers for the dampers? I'll probably only drop the car by another 10mm I think (another 10mm from where my Eibach springs are at the moment)

Yes, car currently has the standard STI dampers and Prodrive springs which lowered it a little. One rear damper was replaced under warranty for knocking and at the last MOT I had an advisory for the other rear damper. However Subaru wanted £270 just for one damper!

Hoping to keep the ride heght similar to present or maybe slightly lower to avoid the mudflaps scrapping on all the speed cushions they have installed around here!

The BC groupbuy was too good to miss!

Mark

Quick update....

Had my BC's & ALK fitted yestersday! Great job by Extreme in Whitburn.

Difference in ride quality is amazing. Have initially set the dampers to 12/10 and that feels great, much more comfortable than standard STI, no more banging and crashing over bumps & ruts, no rattles from the rear, etc. A bit harsh on poor roads, so I'll try 10/8 when I drive into Edinburgh this afternoon.

The difference in handling is almost disturbing! Understeer seems to have completely disappeared, the car feels much more alive and on it's toes. The raod were wet, greasy and covered in leaves this morning but the front end response seems greatly improved. My only concern is that the back end now seems very keen to join in the fun!

Ride height is almost unchanged from the standard STI dampers and Prodrive springs which suits me fine.

In terms of geometry I've had the car setup as recommended by Whiteline / Extreme. Can post the settings if anyone is interested.

Cheers, Mark

How is the car Richie....seen your car at Greers and looks like you have other choice mods that you haven't mentioned. :thumbup:

Hi mate.....mmm, what have you seen then? Thought I'd posted everything up?

Like to keep everyone informed :thumbup:

Got the car back today. Brakes feel really good although I haven't been hard on them yet.

Coilovers set at 15 front, 12 back and feels great. Not hard at all so think I'll tighten them up a bit.

Just to get used to the feel of it going into corners. Don't know if it's the coilovers or the bump steer

kit or both but it certainly feels more planted at speed.

Need to let it settle because the guys had the car out 3 times and each time had to raise the suspension

10 or 15mm. Front mudflaps are now on the ground. I'll pop back on Monday.

Just waiting for my gauges to arrive and then

THAT'S IT....FINISHED!!!!! :thumbup::beer:

Folks, getting my coilovers fitted on thurs, want the height dropped no more than about 10-15mm from the std height its at just now. Will be taking to hypertech in the next few weeks to get the geometry setup but don't want to have to adjust the height between times. How much do the BCs normally settle once fitted? Is it a cm, an inch or more?

Cheers